close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Google Search Issue

Thread began 9/06/2012 2:57 pm by johna1964 | Last modified 9/10/2012 8:54 am by Jason Byrnes | 1530 views | 6 replies |

johna1964

Google Search Issue

Hi,

I followed the Google search tutorial. When I attempted to save the page there were issues regarding the editable regions... the standard message dwcs4 gives to you... I don't know what to change in order for this to work...or how to overcome the errors when saving the page. I have attached the page.

Also, there is no way to reenter at this point.

Thank you!
johna1964

Attached Files
search_and_results.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That error is a standard issue when working with templates, in most cases the error can be ignored.

This issue and other limitations to the Dreamweaver Template engine are one of the main reasons why we developed the Theme engine in Framework builder.

For more details on converting your template to a Theme, see the "How to convert your site from DWT-dependent to theme-based" tutorial in the Videos section of the Design Extender support page:
design-extender/

The custom search wizard is not intended to be reentrant, any changes you wish to make will need to be done directly in the code, though modifying the css.

johna1964

Hi Jason,

What you are telling is I need to do the upgrade to design extender in order for this to function properly, and then follow the tutorial for converting the dw template to apply framework builder architecture.

If you could clarify this is correct, let me know.

Thank you!

johna1964

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, that's not quite what i am saying.

I am saying that regardless of the error about the template being locked, the search should still work.

It is a common issue that happens in Dreamweaver when working with templates.

You asked how to get rid of the error, that is where using framework builder to convert the template to a theme comes in.

johna1964

Hi Jason,

I made the upgrade to design extender anyway. I also followed the video tutorial you recommended.

I backed the site and ran Framework Builder.

All pages are exploded (only way to describe it) and everything is centered; however, when previewing in a browser, it's rendering correctly with the exception of a few images that use a zoom feature.

This makes it impossible to work on the site in dreamweaver.

This probably belongs in the design extender forum, but the point is the Google Search is still creating the same errors as before. I have yet to redo the search and results page, but the day is coming to an end on a Friday of all days and I wanted to see what you might suggest...

Thank you!

johna1964

johna1964

Hi Jason,

I tried to run the Google Search wizard again. When I clicked finish, the following error occurred:

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Prog...
R6025
-pure virtual function call

When I clicked ok Dreamweaver crashed.

I think I need some help...

johna1964

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You posted this in another thread, i started an incident for that thread so we can look into the problem with you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...