close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Add a search field

Thread began 9/03/2012 12:14 pm by gzirfas374932 | Last modified 9/04/2012 12:29 pm by gzirfas374932 | 577 views | 2 replies |

gzirfas374932

Add a search field

I used databridge to create my search, results, update and delete record pages. I made some custom changes for dropdown selections, css etc. and posted the pages. The client loved it. Except on the search page the only field I didn't include is one they want added. Search by id, which the other pages show. I looked everywhere to add this to the search page but can't find it in the binding panel or anywhere. I tried adding it manually but did not have any luck. How Can I add this WITHOUT starting over thru the wizard??? I don't understand how the new stuff works and what file to look in. (posted code at: training_search.php) php code attached.

Attached Files
training_search.php.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you search form uses the GET method. affter adding the a new element to the form to add the new binding, go to the bindings panel and Click the plus button, select URL Variable. set the name of the URL variable to name of the new element that was added.

Then on the results page, edit the Data Assist Search behavior to add a new criteria using the new URL variable binding.

gzirfas374932

Problem Solved

Now that I understand the structure and function of the pages I fixed the problem. However using the Data Assist Search Behavior panel as instructed hosed the results page and displayed ALL the records regardless of what was input on the search page. I deleted what the behavior panel put in the results page and entered the comparison list criteria by hand, and it worked like a charm. Although it was the long way around and not what was intended to be done in the webassist interface, it works. THANKS again.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...