close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Linking to Google Analytics

Thread began 9/03/2012 5:57 am by jason442020 | Last modified 9/19/2013 12:07 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3021 views | 5 replies |

jason442020

Linking to Google Analytics

I'm having trouble linking to my analytics account. When I link accounts, I get a response that says: "Your Google account was successfully linked.", but under Google Analytics Account it says: "No Analytics accounts were found for your linked Google account.
Please sign up for a free analytics account then refresh this page"

Here are the settings I have:

Custom domain: drinkserendipity.com
MyCafecommerce address: serendipity.cafecommerce.com

1. I have created two accounts in Analytics (wasn't sure which way was correct), one for each domain name above. These are accounts, not properties.

2. Under account settings for each account, I have unchecked: Share my Google Analytics data with other Google products only.

3. In the Google API settings (console), I turned on the Analytics API. (This was recommended in another thread, see below).

Questions:
-- Do I need to create a Project ID for my Google API project?
-- What should the default domain be listed as in my Google Analytics Account? (custom domain, or mycafecommerce domain)?
-- Am I missing something else?

P.S. I know this is discussed in this thread (showthread.php?t=28082), but for sake of keeping topics separate, it seemed worthy of its own thread.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I've been trying to track this down for the past couple of days.

It looks like Google has depreciated the API that we were using for adding the anylitics code to cafe commerce stores and has shut down one of the systems our script was trying to connect to and replaced it with a newer method.

This is not a change that they had announced, and it looks like the change was completed a week ago.

We are in the process of updating the system to use the newer library, but this will likely take a few days.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

WE have updated the Google Analytics section to use the newer API, let us know if you continue to have problems linking your accounts.

jason442020

Thanks Jason! I saw that it was fixed and updated the code sometime last month. Forgot to come here and mention it.

anonymous

google analytics in cafecommerce store

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  WE have updated the Google Analytics section to use the newer API, let us know if you continue to have problems linking your accounts.  

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

See PM

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...