close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

File Upload won't work in IE9

Thread began 8/26/2012 1:58 pm by raphillips286720 | Last modified 8/29/2012 8:21 am by Jason Byrnes | 3849 views | 3 replies |

raphillips286720

I have current Design Extender Extension.

Build site using CMS options. It works as expected except when i try to upload an image or file using the HTML Editor (CKEditor with KFM), the file is not uploaded. It does work with Firefox.

Some things I have noticed is the upload screeens are different between the two browsers. IE9 does not present me a textbox but does provide a "browse" and a "cancel" button. I can select a file and i notice that the screen shows a text representation of the upload near the browse button. After the file reaches 100% then i get a series of pop-up messages from IE9 telling me specifics about the file. There are around 8 or 9 of these boxes. Clearly the AJAX portion is not working in IE9. One other interesting observation is that when i try to upload a file in IE9 and I have attempted an upload an said ok to the 8-9 pop-up messages then the KFM no longer works for anything and if i close it and go back to CKEditor i am logged out of PowerCMS. I have to login again to make it work.

In firefox I get a text box (Upload File:), Browse Button and Upload Button. When i select a file for upload that meets the max size requirpments I get the AJAX progress bar and everything works. I see the AJAX pop-up window with these details and the file shows up in the list. Works Great. If it were just me fine but the clients use IE9.

So i have been researching this the KFM appears to use a plugin called swfupload. I see lots of people have problems with this flash uploader with IE9. Could that be an issue or is there something from a settings in the browser or security or file permissions issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the swfupload plugin could definitely be an issue.

also the CKEditor version Power CMS Builder does not include IE9 updates. you can upgrade the CKEditor files to use CKEditor 3.6.2:
download

the CKEditor install page has instructions for upgrading an existing version:
Installation

These are the same steps to upgrade the Power CMS CKEditor.

If the CKEditor upgrade does not work, you may need to have the client use IE8 compatibility mode in IE9. Do this by clicking the F12 key to open the developer console. In the developer console, you can select the browsing engine to use.

raphillips286720

I upgraded CKEDitor per your recommendation and that did not fix the issue. I do think the problem is within the KFM portion and not CKEditor. Can you upgrade KFM to the newest release?

The compatability suggestion did not work either. The pop-up page for KFM did not seem to be using the compatibility settings that the debugging page was forcing. Looked like only the primary web page was using the debugging settings but i will admit that was the first time using that tool.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The KFM Version being used is already the most current version available, so there is not an upgrade path available.

It could be browser security causing the issue, see this post for security settings recommendations:
showpost.php?p=135503&postcount=2

if adding your domain to the allowed list doesn't work, I'm afraid you may need to use Fire Fox or another browser with the File Manager.

Web Designer Troy

CKEditor KFM not uploading

I'm having the same issue. I didn't upgrade my CKeditor because it appears to be a KFM issue. I applied all the recommended cache/security/privacy changes, but the issue didn't resolve itself. Please see attached.

Note: This is only happening with certain web hosts. With GoDaddy hosting, it's working fine. So, it can't be Internet Explorer, exclusively.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Unfortunately, if the file manger is not working in IE9 after making those changes, you will need to use a different browser like fire fox or safari.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...