close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart - Creating order size pulldown buttons

Thread began 8/22/2012 11:28 am by tdinetta440961 | Last modified 8/24/2012 12:10 pm by Jason Byrnes | 833 views | 4 replies |

tdinetta440961

eCart - Creating order size pulldown buttons

Hi Jason,

How can I create a pull down button to give my customer the choice of ordering sizes like Small, Medium, Large etc with price options corresponding to each size?

Can this be done in eCart? Is there php script already created I can use?

Also, Once I have created a master page designed with my products, buttons, descriptions and images etc., can I save this page as a template so I do not have to recreate the page again? Do I have to save the master page as a template first before linking to a detail page? I would assume so?

Please advise and direct me to resources or tutorials if possible.

Thanks,
tdinetta

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

there is a tutorial for product options on the eCart support page:
ecart/

templates are used for site designs, and should not have functionality like recordsets or add to cart buttons applied to them, the products master page should not be saved as a template.

tdinetta440961

Dynamically related files not resolved

Hi Jason,

I am getting a message on the site we were working on the other day where we had no problems creating dynamic records?

Error: Dynamically related files could not be resolved because of an internal error?

I just noticed this note about a syntax error on line 40 of my code:

}if (!function_exists("GetSQLValueString")) {
function GetSQLValueString($theValue, $theType, $theDefinedValue = "", $theNotDefinedValue = "")
{

What did I do to create this syntax error? I do a recordset test and I can see all my records, I test the server and it is connected? Attached is a copy of my server behaviors with a very long code string could this be the problem?

I was able to view the Name in my first record on my master page from my new database - displaying Autograph Photo Sportsballs, with the quantity and the Add to cart button. I do not know what I did but I can not see my site in a browser? Where are these dynamically related files located to resolve this issue?

I added {rsProduct.ItemThumb} to the page and the file name came up from my database and not the image.
How do I link the image to the Thumbnail and image code?

Also, I downloaded SQLPro and accessed my database while working on my site. Could this be effecting the site?

Is there a way to create an excel type spreadsheet to import the data into my fields in my database all in one shot?

Thanks
Tony Di

tdinetta440961

Add A Click for Details text & a link to view Details Page

Hi Jason,

Q - How do I add a text (See Details) to my recordset and create a link to the product details page?

See Attachment Products Results Recordset - Is an image of the recordset I created.
Q - Is this done correctly and should I add anything additional?

See Attachment AZ Products Results Pg - Is an image of my Dynamic Text records results pg. The recordset (rs_products_results_pg) is my results page recordset but...

Q - What is the AZ_Products_cart list below it?
Q - Is this the recordset I use for my product details page?

See Attachment Your Recordset - Is this like the your recordest (RSitems) on your page that your created?

Q - Can you review how to use the Insert Repeat feature.
Q - How to link images to both pages, as well as linking to the results page?

You covered so much the other day. I have been reviewing what you did on your pages to see if I can figure it out but I am not sure I can.

I put my button in an AP div in stead of a table. I am creating a CSS template to put my buttons and images in

Q - Is there any advantage or disadvantage to doing it this way.

See Attachment ItemThumb image - This is the web view of my cart bottom. I have listed in my database the actual name of the file in the ItemThumb column.

Q - How do I get the actual thumb nail image to show in place of the image file name?
Q - Can I have the actual URL link in this column?

Also, do you want me to start a new thread when something new happens or continue with this thread?

Thank for your help!
Tony

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...