close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Email not working with PDF

Thread began 8/17/2012 6:16 pm by willo009412397 | Last modified 8/20/2012 10:47 am by Jason Byrnes | 1832 views | 7 replies |

willo009412397

Email not working with PDF

Hi
I have a form which will work with jpg but not pdf`s, can UE except pdf? i have attached the files for you to view.

Karl

Attached Files
upload_.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

how large are the PDFs you are trying to upload?

it could be that the size of the PDF is causing the upload to fail. There are a number of PHP server settings that will effect the maximum size of uploaded files, try uploading a smaller pdf, one that is the same size as the jpg you tried. If the upload works with the smaller pdf, then the problem is being caused by the server settings.

see the following page for details on php.ini settings that effect the allowed upload file size:
wap_upload.asp?page=php2

willo009412397

Thanks Jason i have sent an email to my web host asking for an increase. Im waiting on them to get back to me, the form has text fields for Order Number, Name and a text area for Comments, i have tried with smaller Pdf as you advised and it worked with smaller file but the rest of form was not sent. It was just the Pdf`s i received. Would this be down to the same problem in that theres not enough upload space so it just sends the Pdf`s?

Thanks Karl

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Sounds like it is a problem with the Post Max Size setting if part of the form is missing.

willo009412397

Hi

I have got mail back from web host saying they increased the amounts :

upload_max_file = 20mb
post_max_size = 25mb
memory_limit = 64mb

some Pdf`s make it through however larger files do not. Larger files are avg 800kb, smaller files that work are 90kb.

Regards Karl

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

what are the max_input_time and max_execution_time settings.

These are important as well, they could be set to fail quicker than the files are uploading to the server.

willo009412397

Thanks Jason i shall get back on to my web host, what would you suggest i increase too?

Karl

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

depends on how long it takes to upload the files, this is entirely dependent on your connection speed.

the default is 60 and 90 seconds.

depending on your connection speed you may need to double or triple that. or maybe even longer if you expect to upload larger files.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...