close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Checkout options plus client wants calculate shipping

Thread began 8/17/2012 11:30 am by lr_leal239405 | Last modified 8/27/2012 2:12 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2165 views | 7 replies |

lr_leal239405

Checkout options plus client wants calculate shipping

After I add items to the cart, I only see the option:

"Fast, Secure Checkout with PayPal
[button]
Save time. Checkout securely.
Pay without sharing your financial information."

However, I see other files like 'cart_editable.php' under plugins that show:

"You Saved:

Sub-total:

Charges:

Tax:

Order Total:"

and a Checkout button.

My client is using Paypal Standard, is that why I don't see this other area?

Plus client wants to have a button/form to calculate shipping based on zip before the person checks out. We're already have USPS calculation working. So can I add that? Please give me details if so.

Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, those options are not showing because you are using PayPal Standard.

I dont recommend using Standard as the gateway, if you are looking for a free paypal option, i would suggest using Express Checkout instead.

Express checkout will allow you to use UPS shipping also, it will be calculated after the user goes to the paypal site and return to your site to confirm the order.

lr_leal239405

Correction, my shipping settings are set up as "Paypal Express Only" under Gateway:. It does return to the site and shows the shipping. But the client wants the buyer to be able to see the shipping calculation based on zip code (like other sites have) before they move on with the transaction. Also, I don't see UPS option although we're on Paypal Express. Could it be because I'm using the Sandbox? ?? thank you.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Power store cannot show the shipping until the user has already gone to paypal to set the shipping address, it does not support showing the shipping address before going to paypal.

For shipping to work properly, you must set the shipping rule in the Admin settings, and also when adding products to the cart, make sure to specify a weight.

if no weight is specified the shipping wont be calculated.

lr_leal239405

Ok. Thank you. I'll just tell her it can't be done. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. In other sites you can place an item in the cart, and then there's a form with one field for entering your zip code and then press an 'estimate shipping' button. Maybe it could be included in PowerStore 5.

Anyways, I would appreciate it if you could take a quick look at my page after an item is added and see that nothing is missing. I don't like the fact that it only added the Safe and Secure Checkout with Paypal' message and a Paypal button because people will think they need to have a Paypal account as my client thought. I will change it to the a regular checkout button although it is handled through Paypal. But please let me know if I missed anything. Here's the link:

cart.php

Please add anything to the cart to see. Thank you.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It doesnt look like you missed anything to me.

not really sure what you want me to look for tough.

lr_leal239405

The cart automatically built only a 'Fast and secure checkout with Paypal' and a Paypal button, which makes it look like you'd need to have a Paypal account in order to make the payment. I would imagine it would add a regular checkout button even though we're using Paypal express as our checkout. But if this is all correct, I'm just going to change the button to another checkout button and take out the statement so it customers won't be turned away. thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Since the checkout is being done using paypal as the gateway, it add the PayPal checkout button, that is standard.

lr_leal239405

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...