close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shipping details page and charges not showing at checkout

Thread began 7/27/2012 8:38 am by Mac McCarthy | Last modified 8/01/2012 12:31 pm by Mac McCarthy | 1785 views | 6 replies |

Mac McCarthy

Shipping details page and charges not showing at checkout

Hi Support

Client suitably impressed with PowerStore453 and what I have been able to show them so far.

My major issue at present is that I have "PayPal Express only" set up and it appears in the cart as expected but when I click on the "Check out with PayPal" button. I assume I would first be sent to the Shipping Details page asking the buyer for their address etc as well as being advised of the shipping charges for that specific product. Neither show and I am sent direct to the PayPal checkout site with only the product price being charged.

I have "Enabled Shipping" ticked in the settings and I do not have any shipping rules defined. I have put an individual price for shipping in each product under "Shipping / Handling charges" as well as ticking the "Exclude from all shipping rules (only charge rate above)." box.

Any advice please as to where I may have missed something.

Regards Mac

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

with express checkout the workflow of the site will be:

Go to the paypal server for the customer to enter the Billing and shipping details and set the transaction.

Paypal redirects back to your site, to the pp_confirm page

on the pp_confirm page, the shipping price will be displayed with the option for the customer to either submit the order to be processed or cancel the order.

all the billing and shipping details are entered by the customer on the paypal server. The shipping cannot be calculated till paypal returns the customer to the confirm page on your site.

Mac McCarthy

Hi Jason

Thanks for the fast response, will try a full price purchase procedure.

Regards Mac

Mac McCarthy

Hi Jason

First product purchased successfully!! Thank yo9u for your continued support, last question before the weekend.

How easy is it to remove the search form from the home page and the products results page??

Mac McCarthy

Hi Jason

I think I have answered my own question, I have used display none in the dark_styles.css, which gives my what I was looking for.

Currently I don't see that this has cause any other issues, your thoughts?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I dont see why that would be a problem.

Mac McCarthy

Thanks Jason

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...