close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Never done Task

Thread began 7/11/2012 1:51 am by s_lasry191696 | Last modified 7/17/2012 7:58 am by Jason Byrnes | 1805 views | 5 replies |

s_lasry191696

Never done Task

Hello,

I would like to know how can I integrate a dynamic website (using data bridge) along with an ecart (usine ecart 5) into a template I purchased. I have never done this befoe so please if you can send me clear step by step instructions (or even tutorial links) in order to achieve this.

I greatly appreciate your help, and again, Webassist is a blessing.

Regards,

Shalom Lasry

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It would be best to convert the template to a dreamweaver theme:
watch?v=45T3UIzEfNM&list=PL21CA2EF37DE22B2C&index=3&feature=plpp_video

You can them apply the theme that you create to the Data Assist pages, and add the eCart add to cart buttons.

The question you ask is fairly broad. I would suggest starting with the eCart getting started guide to become familiar with using eCart.

From there experiment with the Data Assist Create pages wizard of Data Bridge to become familiar with data assist.

once familiar with data assist and eCart start working on adding eCart to data assist pages and finally adding the theme.

s_lasry191696

Never Done Task

Hello Jason,

First I want to thank you for your reply. Maybe I was not clear enough....I have many web templates (.dwt files) at my disposal. I would like to build dynamic pages (using the DataBridge) using the templates I have. It is easy to create a HTML page from these templates. Yet, I need dynamic pages (in my case they are php pages) to be created with the templates I have. I created the desired editable regions and I want all the dynamic components created by DataBridge to be inside them.

I think you had (I probably saw it few years back) a detailed tutorial on how to integrate your extensions (with regards to Dynamic websites) into existing templates. My question is not about how to get familiar with eCart or DataAssist and so on. My problem is integrating these extension in existing templateds. Furthermore, I tried building a site with siteassist 3 and I have issue on creating a php files using the siteassist. You have a video tutorial of SiteAssist (done a while back) where it show how to create php pages with Site Assist and then inegrating DataAssist to it, but it doesn't work in my case (I followed step by step even though I have DataBridge and SiteAssist 3).

This is a problem when I want to integrate DataAssist with a template built with SiteAssist (it creates the .dwt file). I need to know how to integrate databridge into existing templates (high quality templates with high graphic design).

Thank you and hopw to hear from you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Shalom Lasry

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

There are a number of different ways to work with templates in Data Bridge.

The recommended way is to convert the template to a Framework builder Theme, you can then apply the theme to the Data Bridge Pages.

see our youtube channel for details on using themes:
watch?v=45T3UIzEfNM&list=PL21CA2EF37DE22B2C&index=3&feature=plpp_video

another method is to Created Pages from the template. Then use Framework builder Plugins to add the Data Assist pages to them.

s_lasry191696

Never done Task

Good day Jason,

Will Site Sculptor be a good solution as well to integrate data assist through Data Bridge?

I saw in your tutorials that the Site Sculptor can create pages from an existing .dwt template page. Can these pages be PHP? (knowing that I defined my site to be a dynamic site).

If so, what do I do first? Do I first create the pages using site sculpture and then integrate the Data Assist (using data bridge)? How do I do that?

Or,

Do I first create the data assist pages (using data bridge) and then creating the pages from my template using the site sculptor? How do I go about it?

Regards,

Shalom Lasry

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You can use site sculptor to create the site if you like.

After creating the pages with site sculptor, you would run the data assist wizard to create the data assist pages.

You would then either convert the site sculptor template to a theme and add the theme to the data assist pages,

or add the data assist pages to the site sculptor site using Framework builder plugins.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...