close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

what is css code to set content width of powerstore 2 =to 780 px?

Thread began 8/03/2009 7:58 am by ruffdraftdesigns | Last modified 8/19/2009 3:44 pm by ruffteam | 2948 views | 6 replies |

ruffdraftdesigns

what is css code to set content width of powerstore 2 =to 780 px?

the powerstore 2 index.php page I installed (attached) expands the content to fill the screen. see: store/

whereas the website index.php page at www.ruffdraftdesigns.com sets the content width to 780 px and shows a background pic surrounding it.

how do I code the ruffdraftdesigns.com/store/index.php page so it's width is set to 780px just like the ruffdraftdesigns.com/index.php page? thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

danjenBeta Tester

If I understand your question correctly you are talking about the out dimensions of the page.

This is set in the file CSS/common.css

#outerWrapper {
background-image: url("../Images/outerWrapper_bg.png");
background-repeat: repeat-y;
margin: 0px auto 0px auto;
text-align: left;
width: 1001px;
padding: 0px 9px;
}

Just change the width to 780px

Hope that helps.

ruffdraftdesigns

thanks

hi danjen. this was my first post and probably the simplest question anyone ever asked. Thanks for the answer so quickly. Is the thank you note for good help implied or left off in these forums? Or should I add a last REPLY with a thank you. I don't know the common practice here, and I am grateful. Anyway, thank you. davidsix@ruffdraftdesigns

danjenBeta Tester

I am glad that helped. I usually post a thank you so that anyone else looking at the post will know if the answer worked or not, but not everyone does that. It's whatever works best for you. Take care.

ruffteam

change width of index.php page, now other elements are askew

maybe spoke too soon. when I changed the page width to 780 the rest of the display (nav, header...) went askew. If you have a suggestion to fix the page at store/ please let me know. thanks.

danjenBeta Tester

Everything on the page has been designed to fit into a 1001px width. Since you changed that it had to move some things down since they will no longer fit within that area. You will need to change the placement of some of the items to fit in this new width. The search box will have to go somewhere else. It will not fit next to the menu at that width. The width of the search box is 300px and you are reducing the width of the page by 220 px, so this will not fit where it is currently at. You may want to try moving it up in the page, or maybe in the left column. Just a suggestion.

Also the featured items box will need to be made smaller to fit into that width also.

ruffteam

re: close

thank you.
david

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...