close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

HTMLeditor 3.02

Thread began 6/16/2012 9:07 am by randyrie405335 | Last modified 6/19/2012 8:00 pm by randyrie405335 | 1751 views | 4 replies |

randyrie405335

HTMLeditor 3.02

Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz Intel Core i5, OSX 7.04, 8GB DDR3, Adobe Suite CS6

I just downloaded and installed Webassist's HTMLeditor v3.02 in Dreamweaver CS6.

Now I get screen freezes whenever I try to setup an interface with MySQL database... when I select an "Initial Value" in the Editor's panel, the "Please Select a Server Entity" screen flickers wildly for a few moments and then I cannot use the OK, Cancel or Help buttons. The screen just hangs and I cannot close it. I have to force quit Dreamweaver. I've restarted and rebooted to no avail.

This happens in ALL of my websites... I'm in absolute panic mode since I use your Editor on all my sites.

You guys have always been a tremendous and reliable resource... can you HELP!!??

Sign in to reply to this post

Ian S

Are you using HTML editor as a standalone product or part of Data Bridge?

If the former, this could be because the standalone extension is not yet CS6 compatible.

My advice, if you are relying on Dreamweaver for your income then go back to CS5.5 for at least 6 months. I don't mean this from a WA point of view, but from a general point of view. I've found CS6 to be very flakey on the MAC on my test machine and yet everything is purring on CS5.5.

Cheers
Ian

randyrie405335

Just the opposite for me... CS6 is MUCH more rugged and reliable than CS5.5 was. HTML Editor works fine except for its GUI with the MySQL database. Do I need to hard code instead of using the editor's GUI until a CS6 compatible version replaces 3.02?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

At this time, the only extensions we have that are compatible with DW CS6 are Design Extender, Data Bridge and eCart 5.

If you need to use HTML Editor in DW CS6, I would strongly urge you to upgrade to Design Extender which includes HTML Editor.

we will be evaluating the stand alone extensions in the coming months for compatibility but with 30 extensions, it will take some time to go through them all.

randyrie405335

Thanks Jason...

Your HTML Editor is the best I've seen/used... I really like how WebAssist designed its interface. Hopefully, it'll be updated to CS6 shortly.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...