close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Paypal interface instructions given to my client

Thread began 6/15/2012 2:55 pm by JBWebWorks | Last modified 6/19/2012 11:22 am by JBWebWorks | 1366 views | 4 replies |

JBWebWorks

Paypal interface instructions given to my client

I have a website set up with eCart4.5 and i told the client to set up Payments Standard acct, but he had an account that he used with eBay so he never set up the Payments Standard.

He has started to get several orders and when the buyer goes to Paypal, it takes their credit card and seems to process the order but no money is exchanged.

My client called Paypal and this is their response

For preconfigured shopping carts: Copy and paste the API username, password, and signature into your shopping cart configuration or administration screen.

For building custom shopping carts: Store the following credential information in a secure location with limited access.
Credential API Signature
API Username xxxxxxxxnson0014_api1.xxxxxxx.com
API Password XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Signature AtDMZ38EJ9mBvvwC1ut-ySf3LWhyAQtml-04P08zWTirS-C5pVZconpj
Request Date Jun 15, 2012 12:12:48 PDT

I have x'ed out some of the information.

Will this work with eCart?

thanks for your help

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The API Information is not for use with PayPal Standard, but will work when setting up eCart for PayPal Payments Pro.

JBWebWorks

Jason,

This client has a Premier paypal account and paypal support gave him his API information.

I set the checkout up as a paypal Payments Pro and when trying to use the Express Checkout, it goes to the paypal checkout correctly and asks for your paypal account login but when i click continue it shows page not found error
this is the page it is looking for
pp_confirm.php?token=EC-87W28144P11916408&PayerID=XXXXXXXXXX
I x'ed out the PayerID number.

Also, the cancel and return button shows page not found error
this is the URL of that page
merchantpaymentweb?dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9b61f737ba21b081981856b91947e5c600b2b0863f9534cbec

Will a Premier paypal account work with eCart?

JBWebWorks

Jason,

in talking with paypal tech support, i found out that the Paypal premier account will work with eCart using the Payments Standard choice.
It will not work with the Payments Pro; person must have a Payments Pro account for that to work with eCart.

thanks for your support.

One more issue on a website that has been running ecart for a few years with paypal Payments Standard and just noticed that when it goes to paypal checkout, it only offers 2 payment choices
1) Already have a PayPal account
2) Create a PayPal account

Previously, the choices were paypal account or pay with a credit card.

Do i have a setting wrong in eCart?

Attached Files
paypal1.pdf

JBWebWorks

I found the answer to this problem and it was a setting in my paypal Payments Standard account.
Went to Profile >> More Options >> My Selling Tools >> Website Preferences Update >> Paypal Account Optional (must be set to 'On' - I had it set to 'Off')

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...