close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Universal Email with Authorize.net local checkout

Thread began 6/06/2012 9:20 am by robvoigt9434728 | Last modified 6/08/2012 11:23 am by Jason Byrnes | 1734 views | 9 replies |

robvoigt9434728

Universal Email with Authorize.net local checkout

I have my cart set up and working with local checkouts using Authorize.net.

I have Universal email 4.01 and eCart 5 installed.

We would like to have an order confirmation email sent from our site, in addition to the email Authorize.net is currently sending.

I would rather not have to run the checkout wizard again at this point so I am looking for help with the specific sever behaviors etc. that need to be modified.

Does WebAssist have a set of instructions written to get Universal email set up from the point that I am at with my cart?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

open the confirm page and add the Universal Email create email message behavior.

in the universal email wizard, set the to address to use the eCartCheckoutForm_email session variable.

for the body of the email, click the DW Edit icon.

Add a cart display manager to the body selecting to use the Email Friendly display type.

to add additional customer info like billing and shipping address, use the other eCartCheckoutForm session variable from the binding panel.

robvoigt9434728

After reviewing your response it appears I have to set up a email form including all the dynamic fields.

I am correct that Universal Email "wizard" cannot create then populate a normal Order Receipt type email using all the information the buyer is entering in eCart?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you misread my response.

I am correct that Universal Email "wizard" cannot create then populate a normal Order Receipt type email using all the information the buyer is entering in eCart?  

no this is not correct. you _can_ create an order receipt using all the information the buyer is entering in eCart

the checkout form data from the checkout page is stored in session variables when it is sent to the confirm page.

in the email body, you use the session bindings to show information like billing or shipping address.

to show the cart, you add an email freindly cart display to the email body.

robvoigt9434728

Ok thanks I have it configured as you instructed.

Do I need to do enter anything in the Email Object settings dialog box? Your online HELP doc says "However, for most hosting providers, you can leave these settings blank..."

I tried with Email Object Properties blank, and also with my STMP server and SSL incoming port from my hosting provider, but I am getting no webassit emails.

Any suggestions? Almost there...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the email server settings to use depend on your host.

you may be able to leave them blank, you may not.

who is your host? I can probably find the correct settings if I know the host.

Also, it is possible there are other behaviors before the UE code that are redirecting before the email can be sent. double check the other behaviors on the page for redirects, and make sure that only UE is set to redirect.

robvoigt9434728

My host is NameCheap.com.

Ever heard of them?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

NameCheap looks pretty strait forward for sending the email, just make sure that the from address being used is a valid email address for your domain, they have the SMTP Server set to block emails where the from address is from a different domain.

that and make sure no other behaviors are redirecting before the email can be sent.

robvoigt9434728

Is there anyway you could take a look for the redirects you mention? I don't see them but I have checked the mail settings for NameCheap and still no email sends. I have confirm.php attached.

Attached Files
confirm.php.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you are not using the correct binding for the to address. You have chosen the top level of the checkout form binding group.

For the to address you need to select the eCartCheckoutForm_email binding from the Session binding group.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...