close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Missing rules following revised site definition

Thread began 6/01/2012 4:00 pm by h150477 | Last modified 3/03/2014 10:13 am by Jason Byrnes | 1141 views | 3 replies |

h150477

Missing rules following revised site definition

I had to revise my original site definition when the site was almost finished - over 300 files. This involved inserting an extra folder between my existing site root and the actual site root.

The path to the old root was /site_root/site_files and now it is site_root /web/site_files.
The reason for this was to create a part of the site that did not allow access so that includes and connections could be stored there. It also allows connection files to have the same content when stored on my local machine as they do when stored on the web.
As a result, nearly everything works except the rules part of the security assist structure.

When I open the rules manager, none of the rules exist at all. I assume that this is because the site definition has changed.

What are the files in the Security assist package that need relocation and are there any configuration files that will need updating?

I just noticed that the webassist tab at the top of the Dreamweaver workspace page is no longer present, though the extension is still shown as being present and installed in the extensions manager. When I click on a WA server behaviour, all the help is available within the web site but not as a tab as it always has been before.
What next? Is it possible to disable and re-enable the extension without losing everything?
My rules still exist within the helpergroupsrulesphp.php file. Will they be deleted if the extension is disabled and re-enabled?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the rules are defined in the webassist/security_assist/helpergroupsrulesphp.php file.

Dreamweaver expects to find this file at the root of your dreamweaver site.

since you have changed the root, it is no longer in the correct place. move that file to the new DW Site root.

for the WebAssist menu:
Delete the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
common_installation_issues.php

If that does not de the trick, then uninstall Security assist and reinstall it, it will not effect the rules.

steve287725

A bit more info please

Hello Jason

I came across this very same issue and of course this post answered my issue and makes complete sense.
Are there any implications leaving just the rules file under root/webassist folder and leaving the 'normal' webassist folder with all the other contents Including the helper file) in the relocated subfolder?

All the rules seem to work OK on the site - only the amendment of the rules from within Dreamweaver

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the webassist/sucuryty_assist/helper_php.php file contains the link the helpergroupsrulesphp.php file.

if you where to leave the helpergroupsrulesphp.php at the root, the subfolder/webassist/sucuryty_assist/helper_php.php file would not have the correct path to it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...