close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

review past or outstanding orders

Thread began 5/31/2012 5:03 pm by rgolab68503 | Last modified 6/01/2012 5:19 pm by rgolab68503 | 834 views | 8 replies |

rgolab68503

Hi there, I have been looking at the admin side of the database and have been wondering how do I find or is there a section that builds the order history you would expect in a shopping cart. To be able to review current orders, completed orders, cancel orders etc. Does such a thing exist and where do i find it. During the creation of ecart this was not produced.

Sign in to reply to this post

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Hi there if you go to the ecart server behaviour you will find a menu called "database manipulation" from the sub meny you will then see "store cart details in database" and "store cart summary in database" - both of these are basically "updates" - they are updates due to the fact as they give flexability in case a customer choses to change their mind on an order before final submission. for me I put both of these on my success page together with universal emails that send out receipts and update any other tables (such as updating the customers account database with their billing address (if they didnt already include that in registering). Then in the Admin and Customer areas of your website you just simply pull that information out of those tables with the relevant queries etc.

i have included screenshots to show where they are:

Chris

rgolab68503

So basically eCart doesn't create these pages i have to create them myself? I have all the information posting to the databases but to pull the data is not going to be that easy for me. I was hoping this was part of the build process.

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

well ecart wizards do create the pages to store orders (this is part of the wizard. but to display the information you would use need to create those pages - but then surely you would just use a dataassist/databridge wizard to create those pages? (i generally dont use the wizards - but im sure that dataassist/databridge does contain wizards to create the pages you require for the customer/admin back end to display closed/open orders etc.

Chris

rgolab68503

using data assist

With data assist you can only choose on database. With an order they are placed in both the order details and orders tables in mysql. To pull this information I would be better to simply start from scratch wouldn't I?
I was looking at databridge but don't see which app would help me to take it one step further to help produce this type of back end.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the eCart support page:
ecart/

there is a tutorial for creating the order history pages

the basic idea is to create a page that displays all the orders, with a link to another page that would display the details for a specific order.

DataBridge includes Data Assist and 12 other extensions, it is a replacement to Data Assist.

rgolab68503

order review pages

Yes I plan on getting data_bridge today

Thanks I will go through the tutorial. I already started building the search pages last night but i'll take a step back to look at what is suggested.

Can i ask you another question or should I start a new thread? In the sample databases given ...

digital_goods.sql
physical_goods.sql

also included was ...

event_registration.sql

which looks to be part of a booking system. Are there sample files for this application or a tutorial (or extension) on this? What we have or several show booth displays and other show items which we lend or book out. i need to build a system to track their availability etc. kind of like a hotel room booking system with calendars and everything. Can yo upoint me in teh right direction on how to do this?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

no, there are not sample files or a tutorial for setting this type of booking system.

the event registration sample schema is more geared towards something along the lines of a class signup, where multiple users can sign up for the same event.

where you have a single use sign up for a particular date, the database structure will be a little different.

The basic idea behind a hotel registration system is have a column that stores the registration date on checkout.

Creating the calendar to show the registrations that have been purchased will take a good bit of hand coding,

rgolab68503

booking system

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look to see if I can rig something up to work.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...