close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Sales Tax from Database

Thread began 5/24/2012 7:20 pm by RWal98657837 | Last modified 5/29/2012 8:39 am by Jason Byrnes | 1210 views | 3 replies |

RWal98657837

Sales Tax from Database

My client needs to calculate different salestaxes for each state, and routinely update the tax rates. Can I have eCart5 calculate the sales tax from tax rates stored in the database? I would add a table.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the billing state abbreviation is stored stored in a session variable named "eCartCheckoutForm_state_province"

you could create a recordset to look up the tax rate on the confirm page using the eCartCheckoutForm_state_province session variable as a filter, then add a set session value behavior (from the server behaviors panel click the plus button and select eCart -> General -> Set Session Value) to store the billing state from the recordset.

you will need to double check the code order to make sure the behavior to set the eCartCheckoutForm_state_province session valriable is before the recordset code, and the behavior to set the new taxRate session is after the recordset.

then you can use the tax rate session variable in the tax calculation.

RWal98657837

Thank you

And, if I already have the check out made, can I add the shipping function to it without re-creating the whole checkout? I customized the pages and need to add the shipping function when my client gets me their account information.

Can you tell me which API eCart uses for UPS?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

YEs, you can add the Shipping rate lookup server behavior to the confirm page manually, open the confirm page, then go to the server behaviors tab, click the plus button and select eCart -> Shipping -> UPS

you will also need to create the shipping rule, for the trigger us:
Based on UPS Shipping Quote Value > 0

for the calculation, use based on UPS Shipping Quote "plus" "0"

eCart uses the UPS Shipping quote lookup API.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...