close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SecurityAssist Wizard Bugs

Thread began 5/03/2012 1:06 am by Jaffa | Last modified 5/08/2012 7:02 am by Jason Byrnes | 2120 views | 15 replies |

Jaffa

SecurityAssist Wizard Bugs

I've just setup a new Apple Mac and a clean install of DW 5.5, Installed DataBridge and ran SecurityAssist Wizard to create the security pages.

The wizard ran fine but when i run the page to login I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ValidatedField() in /home/caseygfx/public_html/2013/admin/login.php on line 135

Live page can be seen here: login.php

Nothing else had been added to this page, no templates, graphics just a vanilla install from the wizard????

Sign in to reply to this post

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

Warren,

that error suggests either the validation includes are not linked, not there or the path to them is wrong.

Jaffa

Yes I know - my point is though that this is the exact code that the wizard outputs. No interaction with code has been made so I'd say we have an issue with the wizard.

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

Sorry was trying to add further thoughts not suggest you didn't realise what was happening

dvan_zelst

I think i found the problem!

The code generated for the login form calls the function "ValidatedField" but the "webassist/security_assist/helper_php.php" does not contain this function. This function is contained in "webassist/form_validations/wavt_validatedform_php.php".

If i include this file as required in the login.php then the form works.

WA why is the helper file that includes the used function not included when creating the SA pages?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

@Jaffa and @dvan_zelst, please send a copy of your login.php page that the wizard is generating, i think this is related to a bug we discovered yesterday where the Sever Validation server behavior is not being applied to the login pages, but the validation show if behavior is.

also include information on your Operating system including version number.

dvan_zelst

Hi Jason,

I just tested what was posted in this topic to confirm if it was a general issue.

Please find the login.php attached (just a simple basic one)

I can see indeed some validation show if behaviors in the dreamwever server behavior panel so you might be correct with your statement.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files
login.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yeah, your login form is missing the Server Validation behavior, so i think this is the same issue i was running into.

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

dvan_zelst

It should be easy to re-produce because i only run the wizard and deleted all the pages except the login.php and logout.php (just for testing/debug purpose) and did not do any changes besides selecting 2 columns in the database to be used.

Then the page is created as attached, refering to a validation function which does not exist nor included in the login.php page.

I don't know which code should be inserted though but i'm sure you'll figure it out :-)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it's because the Server Validation behavior is not being added to the page like i said.

I have logged a bug for it so we can investigate the cause and we will be issuing a fix for the problem soon.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...