close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

error with DW CS5 with Data Bridge

Thread began 4/30/2012 4:58 pm by hdavis136190 | Last modified 5/02/2012 5:59 pm by jbeckman307551 | 3172 views | 8 replies |

hdavis136190

error with DW CS5 with Data Bridge

I installed the new Data Bridge. After removing the below list.

CSS Button Styler, CSS Form Builder, DataAssist, Digital File Pro, Dynamic Connections, Dynamic Dropdowns, Dynamic Web Charts, Form Toolkit, HTML Editor, Image Resizer, SecurityAssist, Universal Email and Validation Tooltips for Spry.

If you own Design Extender, please install Design Extender 1.0.4 or newer for full compatibility with Data Bridge.

I also saw the errors that others have about ecart, so I removed ecart, then those errors where gone.

then I opened a php file, and entered WebAssist->Database->DataAssist Pages menu,

DW shows error-3.jpg, after clicking on OK, then DW shows error-4.jpg

I am running DW CS5 on a MacOS X 10.6.8, I can do a bind to the Database, look at all tables in Database. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the first is just a note that the Database connection needs to be uploaded to the server, you can ignore that one.

for the second error, have you tried deleting the Dreamweaver cache file?:
common_installation_issues.pdf

elizabeth130596

Data bridge... where is it?

Hi - I just bought the Super Suite for DW CSS 5. Data bridge looks helpful. I checked What's Included and see Databridge. But where is it? There are so many extensions that need to be NOT installed, that I cannot determine where is the best place to start so I don't have to rip out my entire configuration.

So... once I find Data Bridge, what else goes in? Data Assist? Design Extender? What else? and What else needs to be not installed/uninstalled in order not to have conflicts?

thanks,
elizabeth

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the the extension install tips thread for details:
showthread.php?t=24005

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Now that Data Bridge is out... if you own all of our extensions you should only have to install:

eCart, Design Extender, and Data Bridge

all of the other extensions (except for the free ones) are combined into those three products.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jbeckman307551

Are there any non-free plug ins not rolled into the others?

In addition to eCart, Data Bridge, and Design Extender, I still have Cookies Toolkit, SiteAssist Professional, Surveyor, and Theme-it. Are any of these rolled into the others?

Also, it took 3 browsers before the darn captcha appeared (failed on Firefox 10 and Safari 5.5, finally worked on Opera).

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Surveyor and Theme-it have been discontinued for now, so they haven't been integrated (but they may resurface in a future update).

Site Assist Pro was replaced by Site Sculptor and is included in Design Extender. Cookies Toolkit is included in Data Bridge.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jbeckman307551

Thanks. You might want to put that in their descriptions - I noticed some of the other plug ins have what supersedes them listed.

hdavis136190

The Doc talks about CS3 and CS4, I am running CS5, the file it says to look for, is not found, I also used spotlight to search for it, with the result being none.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...