close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Data Assist Search Crashes Dreamweaver when editing prior version

Thread began 4/29/2012 3:39 am by Ian S | Last modified 4/30/2012 6:39 pm by Andrew Read | 3342 views | 10 replies |

Ian S

Data Assist Search Crashes Dreamweaver when editing prior version

Hi WA,

When I try to edit a Search Behaviour created in the previous version of Data Assist, and try to apply changes it crashes Dreamweaver.

This happens on different pages where I have the Search behaviour included.

I can however, remove the old behaviour, recreate it and it works fine. However, when I go to edit it again it crashes out Dreamweaver again when I click Finish.

Im running CS5.5 on MAC OSX 10.7.3, 12GB RAM.

Cheers
Ian

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Ian,
Thank you for giving the product a try and reporting these issues. We'll be hard at work monday to fix whatever issues come up and try to get an update out quickly to address any problems found.

It sounds like we didn't do enough testing with updating from older versions and reapplying, so we'll get on that first thing and make sure these problems are fixed quickly. Thank you for your patience and please let us know whatever you find and we'll make sure to get it resolved.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Ian S

No problem Ray!

Thanks for your assistance as always :-)

Cheers
Ian

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

I wanted to way in here, Just purchased DataBridge and so eager to to install and try use on current projects. I am worried of the same issues that may arise like Ian had. But im thinking as long as I make a backup of my current project state and install DataBridge Im going to see how reapplying the behaviours effect the code. So will report back :)

ok Ray, I wanted to tell you my test, I had deleted dreamweaver configuration folder, then unistalled all webassit products. installed ecart, framebuilder and databridge. I then deleted the webassist folders from my project folder so i would be forced to recreate them by double clicking the server behaviours in dreamweaver on my pages so far no crashes...until I came to do exactly what Ian had done, and it reapplying the search behaviour my dreamweaver crashes.

in addition when I installed all my plugins (from the order described above) when loading dreamweaver I got this error :

JS Error:
wa is not defined
filename: C:\Users\Christopher West\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5.5\en_US\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\LayoutManager\shared.js
lineno: 12

Not sure if this is somehow related.

Apart from that amazing value product :)

Ian S

:-)

I think the good news is here that the issues seem consistent in that the early adopters seem to be getting the same problems - but they are more inconveniences than show stoppers so they haven't caused me any real issues as such.

All in all, another positive step forward I feel, and like you say, incredible value!

Cheers
Ian

Well from further testing I have come to this conclusion:

In my original project folder (before Databridge) the search server behavior had created its own folder in my project folder "WADbSearch" (this contains a "HelperPHP.php file).

...now after doing my test of deleting all the webassist folders from my project folder (after installing DataBridge) and trying to reapply the search on the page. it did not create a WADbSearch folder...instead......I noticed that in the "database_management" folder it created a new file "wada_search.php" file. so im guessing this is the cause of the crash. since perhaps the page is trying to locate the wrong folder/file somewhere.

Chris

further to my previous post it looks like:

database_management/wada_search.php (from new databridge install)
....and
WADbSearch/HelperPHP.php (from my original project folder with old extensions)

...are the same files just renamed and put in different locations. this this could be the cause of the crash maybe?

Chris

Ian S

I removed the Search behaviour from an existing page completely, including the include file.

I then recreated it with the new behaviour, and it worked.

But when I went it to edit and apply the new behaviour, it crashed Dreamweaver.

Give it a try and see if that is consistent with you aswell?

Cheers
Ian

Ian. my dreamweaver crashes before even creating new search behaviour- I made sure I removed the previous search behaviour, then i removed any orphaned code on my page relating to old search behaviour - i then deleted the the previous wada_search.php form my project folder (so that databridge is forced to create a new one).

I then added a search bahaviour using the new databridge search wizard
(using the below in the final part of the wizard):

Using Page: manage-products.php

Using Form: filterform

Applying to Recordset: allProducts

Search Arguments:
Advanced Text Search in ProductCategoryID from select

when i clicked finished - dreamweaver crashes (I had noticed it had recreated the wada_search.php back in the database_management folder in my project folder though. so it got that far in the process.

I deleted the cache file in the dreamweaver configuration folder - but still crashes.
I have attempted a clean databridge search wizard 4 times now and still crashes at the same point (when i click finish to apply on page)

Chris

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...