close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Add to cart button - pages go blank

Thread began 4/04/2012 3:23 pm by rgolab68503 | Last modified 4/10/2012 9:52 am by Jason Byrnes | 2937 views | 11 replies |

rgolab68503

Add to cart button - pages go blank

Hoping someone can help me here. I am going through the steps of ecart. I am the point where they ask to enter athe "add to cart" buttons. I add them and go to test my page and I get a blank white page. If I remove the eCart Object and eCart Add From Recordset and reload the page everything comes back fine.

I have attached my results page and here is a link to the page itself.

results_test.php?S_ItemCatID=3&Search.x=51&Search.y=5&Search=Search

Here is the starting search.php page if it helps:
search.php

I am at my wits end, I am sure it is a simple error in the script but I can't find it. Any ideas please? :(

eCart is the newest version eCart5

Attached Files
results.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The code for the include files is using the virtual function:

php:
<?php

//WA eCart Include
virtual("/WA_eCart/ToyoPOPcart_PHP.php");
?>

in the site definition, there is an option called "Create Links Relative To" if you select the "Site" option, dreamweaver uses the virtual function for includes, using the virtual function is only supported in a small number of php servers though. you should select the Document option so that dreamweaver will the require_once function instead.

rgolab68503

error code

Hi Jason, thanks for that, I have cleaned up the connections and tested and it worked fine. i then re-installed the buttons for cart but now I get this error message ...

Notice: Undefined variable: ToyoPOPcart in /var/www/html/toyo_support_site/support/POP/results.php on line 9

Fatal error: Call to a member function GetContent() on a non-object in /var/www/html/toyo_support_site/support/POP/results.php on line 9

Still a white screen.

I'll search through the forums to see if I can see anything on this but if you have a quick answer it would be appreciated. Cheers!

Ron

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

probably code order. it sounds like the include line for the cart object is after the get content line to instantiate it, send a copy of the page an i can tell for sure.

rgolab68503

error message

Here is the file attachment. You can also go to the initial search page at :

search.php ... and choose any item from the drop down which brings you to this results page.

Thanks for your help by the way.

Attached Files
results.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

move the following code from line 54 - 57:

php:
<?php

//WA eCart Include
require_once("../../WA_eCart/ToyoPOPcart_PHP.php");
?>

to line 8

rgolab68503

error message

Hi Jason,

That didn't really do it. Because I had the initial error I then removed the add to cart buttons. There were also other includes which started with "virtual". This may have contributed to things being messed up. I am starting from the beginning again recreating the checkout page and cart pages etc.

I'll let you know how it goes.

rgolab68503

Error message

Hi Jason,

I have recreated the cart. I had a bit of an issue where I changed the colour scheme and named it Pacifica_toyo_final, but for some reason it renamed it Pacificatoyofinal without any underscores. I corrected this adn am able to see the pages and teh buttons correctly. However when I try to update the cart, change or checkout I get this error message.

Notice: Undefined index: eCartCheckoutForm_street2 in /var/www/html/toyo_support_site/support/POP/cart.php on line 279
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '03:28:14,'')' at line 1

There seems to be a a conflict whith what is I sending to the checkout page but I haven't been able to find where I can remedie this.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

send a copy of the cart.php page so i can see the code please.

rgolab68503

error message

Hi Jason,

I have attached the checkout files if that helps.

I have gone through a bunch here. Trying one thing then another. I am at a point where the cart seems to add the item but the cart displays a "the cart is empty" message. If I try to hit the update or continue shopping or any of the buttons, I get this error.

Notice: Undefined variable: ToyoPOPcart in /var/www/html/toyo_support_site/support/POP/checkout.php on line 9

Fatal error: Call to a member function GetContent() on a non-object in /var/www/html/toyo_support_site/support/POP/checkout.php on line 9

In addition to this, I get a java script error if I try and open any of the buttons in the server behaviours (see attachment Error_java.jpg).

I keep thinking I must have done something wrong in the beginning. I am thinking to start once again and this time not changing the colour scheme so I don't get that error. What do you think? Start over?

Thanks for you help ... Ron

Attached Files
POP.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...