close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Layout issues in Data assist

Thread began 4/04/2012 10:27 am by josh_moran1234424768 | Last modified 4/05/2012 2:42 pm by josh_moran1234424768 | 2828 views | 19 replies |

josh_moran1234424768

Layout issues in Data assist

I have two columns and data assist is ignoring the template and the information is not stored in the correct place

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please provide more details.

is the template saved as a dynamic php template? Dynamic templates need to be saved using the extension:
.dwt.php

in the DataAssist wizard, on the first page, you can select from a list of dynamic templates for your site, you will also need to select which editable region data assist ads the forms to.

josh_moran1234424768

Hi Jason
Yes i have saved it as an dynamic template and it has two selectable editable regions in the templates

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please provide more details.

a copy of the template would help.

also some details on what editable region you are selecting when running the wizard. what is the outcome of the pages created versus what you expect the outcome to be, perhaps a screen shot would help.

the limited details you are providing is making it difficult to offer guidance.

josh_moran1234424768

Hi Jason
The test server of the template is on my computer i will use screen shot for you.

josh_moran1234424768

Template issues you can see the layout problems

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

from your screen shot it looks like the data assist form is in the content editable region, i don't see the problem.

josh_moran1234424768

Well theres two regions and main content one and one for the menu bar and thats being pushed aside

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the menu bar is showing at the top of the page, it does not look like it is being pushed aside to me.

josh_moran1234424768

The menu bar section is the section for the categories for the website shop and this is a vertical column the main section is taking over this and dropping it below menu section

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...