close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Order added even though payment failed

Thread began 3/23/2012 7:10 am by birdscreen398247 | Last modified 3/23/2012 10:42 am by Jason Byrnes | 636 views | 1 replies |

birdscreen398247

Order added even though payment failed

I have been testing a new Ecart setup. Everything works fine if I checkout and submit a successful payment (using Payment Standard), but if I enter an order and click on checkout and then don't follow through with payment, the order still gets entered in my database.

How do I tell it not to enter the record (or delete the record) if no payment is made?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this is an inherent problem with the way that paypal payments standard works.

with paypal standard, you need to store the order before the transaction is precessed, set the status of the porder to pending, then use an IPN page to update the order.

the workflow of PayPal standard is this:

user fills in the checkout form and goes to the confirm page, on loading the confirm page, the order is stored in the database.

the confirm page posts the information to the paypal servers.

On the paypal server the costumer enters their information for how the transaction should be processed.

The paypal server excepts or denies this information and directs the user to the success or failure page.

At this point the transaction is line to be processed. it can take 30 seconds or 5 days for the transaction to got through. Once the transaction is processed the IPN post is made by paypal servers to the page you specify.

The drawback of paypal payments standard is that it is not processed real time the IPN page is never seen by the customer.

Instead of using payPal Payments standard, i would recommend using Paypal Express checkout, this is a free paypal option that is processed real time and does not require using an IPN post.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...