close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

delete related record

Thread began 3/18/2012 1:32 pm by newimage96814918 | Last modified 3/20/2012 12:23 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1623 views | 6 replies |

newimage96814918

delete related record

I need to delete a related record from another table with an event_id related to the recordset of the detal page where the delete button is at when pushed.
Can I just add a delete query inside the delete statemnet for the regular record, and if so where would be the best place to place it?

Tracy

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

first inspect the in initial delete behavior, make sure that there is no redirect, and note the variable used for the key column.

add another delete record behavior. you can use the same variabel from the first delete record behavior that contains the ID for the parent record and select the relation column as the key column.

newimage96814918

Thanks Jason, that worked great for most of them, but I had this one detail page I lost the delete button on, So I put the putton back on, but I still cannot choose delete button trigger in my delete so I just sits there when I push the button.
I am attaching the page as I'm sure you'll be able to see what I'm missing
Thanks!

Tracy

Attached Files
classes_Detail.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the delete behavior does not go on the detail page, it goes on the delete page that is created by the data assist wizard.

newimage96814918

Now I'm real confused? When I run the wizard it has option to add delete to detail page, I've done it to all my other ones and they work fine, it adds a button and delete code and the trigger is delete button pressed.
The problem with this page is I deleted that button at first cuase I did'nt want itto delete from there until you showed my how easy it was to delete related record. So I put the button back on but the delete behavior is,nt noticing the trigger for delete button pressed.
I am attaching another page where I have an event and delete as you told me and all works on this one, I just cannot see where I am missing somthing for the correct trigger

Attached Files
special_event_Detail.zip

newimage96814918

Thanks, I got it I just had to add a form around the buttons!

Tracy

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

glad to hear you have it working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...