close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

error while installing

Thread began 3/05/2012 8:11 pm by anonymous | Last modified 3/07/2012 8:20 am by Jason Byrnes | 1145 views | 3 replies |

anonymous

error while installing

After uploading files and creating a MySQL database I started powerstore/index.php and get the err shown below:
[05-Mar-2012 20:32:04] PHP Warning: require_once(../Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php) [<a href='plugins/function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]:
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nhsc/public_html/powerstore/install/logininfo.php on line 6

[05-Mar-2012 20:32:04] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='plugins/function.require'>function.require</a>]:
Failed opening required '../Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nhsc/public_html/powerstore/install/logininfo.php on line 6

I am not aware that I should create the connection file, as I don't see any documentation saying that I should. (I tried anyway, but was not able to get beyond admin login, so I removed all files and started again)

I created the database file because of info in powerstore_gsg.php:
NOTE:Since most servers do not allow external applications to create new databases, you will need to create the database first through your Hosting Providers control panel. You can use an existing database, but to avoid conflicts it is advised that you start with an empty database.

The readme that came with PS 4.51 indicated that the wizard would create the database, so I'm confused.

Any help is appreciated.
Version: powerstore 4.51

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

did you run the install script on your local computer before uploading?

If so that would have created a /Connections/ folder in the power store files are looking for, delete that folder from your server before running the install script.

The power store installation will create the tables in the database that you specify, but the database will need to be created first.

anonymous

PowerStore installation problem resolved

I was able to complete the installation.
Here's what happened:
My first installation was flawed as I didn't create the database first. I tried to fix the problem by creating it later.
That didn't work out because the wizard would go directly to administration username and password dialog window 4 of 7, bypassing other installation windows.
The store info, database info and serial number were already in place, but the tables had not been created, so I couldn't complete the installation. A catch 22.
I removed the Configuration folder as suggested, but still couldn't complete installation.
I did an activation reset and was able to complete the installation by getting to window 1 with a new serial number.
Thanks for your help.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

glad to hear it is working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...