close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Wow

Thread began 2/17/2012 5:32 pm by anonymous | Last modified 2/20/2012 7:50 pm by Ray Borduin | 1354 views | 5 replies |

anonymous

Wow

After 4 versions ps has still missed the point on inventory control. But don't bother I know the answer "that feature isn't supported in ps." How does this work. I have a pile of shirts in three colors to sell. So according to ps that's one product with options for color. Great! One SKU, one inventory quantity for all the shirts. So I sell a shirt, and another, and another. The quantity gets decremented. But wait, I sold out all the blue shirts and only have white and red left. Next five buyers all want blue shirts and buy them. Now I have to email them and tell them the blue shirt isn't available because...because...I'm out of excuses. I just break down and tell them that I relied on this product called power store that is...well...just wimpy store.

For inventory control on any website the SKU, weight AND the quantity belongs on the variation not the product. Every single variation needs its own row in the table. Which isn't the product table but the inventory table.

I'm now evaluating if I can get enough other benefit to justify the cost including the effort to fix what wrong with ps. Next release I'd really like a little more thought but into this major issue.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You must be missing something. If you use Advanced Options in powerstore, then each option becomes its own product and you can set all of the product fields individually and set inventory for each.

It might be a problem with the documentation not being clear on how to do what you want, but your description of how you think it should work is how it does work.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

anonymous

This post has been deleted.

anonymous

Ray, you're right. Now I'm embarrassed. I played around with the options some more and it provides all of those features.

I'm using PayPal Standard. One issue I had with the earlier store and it still seems to be a problem is that if I buy an item from the store confirming the order but never making payment on PayPal (closed the browser at the PayPal site before paying) it still looks like I made a purchase on the store site. Am I overlooking something again? The IPN should be required to confirm the purchase was paid for.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd suggest using "express only" it is a more advanced way of essentially doing what paypal standard does.

It is free and allows checkout with or without a paypal account. We'll probably drop Paypal Standard from future versions because IPN is a pain to work with and there are really no advantages to it any more.

anonymous

Can Express be configured now after running the wizard or do I need to re-install? I hadn't taken a good look at express because I was confusing it with the button stuff they used to do. It looks like express replaced all the ipn with api calls. I agree that's better even though I've had the ipn working fine for a couple of years.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, just log into the admin center and go to the Settings tab and choose Payment Gateway Settings from the left menu.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...