close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Emails form Authorize.net

Thread began 1/26/2012 12:51 pm by chuck429411 | Last modified 2/06/2012 9:59 am by Jason Byrnes | 5989 views | 28 replies |

chuck429411

Emails form Authorize.net

Authorize.net sends the more detailed email to the customer. My client would like to receive the same email as the customer. The person who took my call at Authorize.net said that the emails that are sent out are set by default and cannot be changed. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a way around this? Is there a setting I can change in Authorize.net? If there is, I can't find it.

Sign in to reply to this post

chuck429411

Authorize.net email receipts

Here are the two different emails. One is sent to the customer and the other is sent to my company. Why can't my company receive an email that looks nice and easy to read like the customer? Authorize.net says that it is impossible from their end to change who gets what.

Since you guys have integrated lots of shopping carts with Authorize.net, I figured that you may have run across this problem in the past and may have some kind of work around.

Will selecting an email friendly cart from the display manager make ecart send a nicer and easier to read receipt to my company? The email we are receiving at this time (which is what we are going to use to pick the order), looks like someone typed it up in notepad. My client is begging me to get this worked out.

I have been searching for answers in the ecart forum and on this page:
showthread.php?t=14841&highlight=customer+email

In that thread, Eric Mittman says: "you can create a receipt email like the one that the checkout wizard will create for you by adding in a eCart display to the message body, when you add it make sure that you choose the email friendly version of the cart display."

I am not sure if I know what Eric means by adding an ecart display to the message body or if this can even apply to my situation. Please advise.

Attached Files
CustmrRcpt.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

eCart does not send any emails.

if you have Universal Email and are selecting to use one of the Local Checkout (Authoize.net AIM Credit card) methods, you will be able to configure a receipt email that is sent to the customer. you can select to have this receipt ccd top the shop owner as well.

if you are using a Remote checkout method, then you are restricted to the emails that the gateway sends.

chuck429411

Nothing from my previous 2 posts in this thread will work for me? Is there going to be an easier learning curve to universal email? Client is getting restless. If I buy universal email, I might transfer dreamweaver and ecart to my laptop so I can work at home. How do I install ecart on another computer once I have dreamweaver installed?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

no, if you don't have Universal Email, the emails are not being generated by Web Assist code, they are being generated by the payment gateway.

to generate the emails using Web Assist code, you need to have Universal Email and select to use one of the Local gateway options.

you install eCart on the laptop the same way you install it on the desktop, through the adobe extension manager.

chuck429411

While in the extension manager, do I select remove? I have never had to unistall and reinstall an extension. Does it give me the file? I cannot find the ecart extension file anywhere on my computer.

chuck429411

Never mind. I got it. Go to your account and select download center.

chuck429411

Is there going to be an easier learning curve to universal email? I cannot spend another month or 2 learning how to use the product. Will I be able to add the functions to my site without having to re-run the checkout wizard? I am already using Authorize.net, local AIM.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, universal email is easier to learn than eCart.

yes, you can add it to your already existing checkout pages as long as you are using local checkout.

you will add the universal email behavior to the confirm page.

for the to address, click the to button to go to the advanced to settings screen, you will need to enter 2 address:
1) click the lightning bolt icon and select the eCart_checkout_form_email address session variable to send a receipt to the customer

2) enter the store owners email address

for the body, click the DW Edit icon, in the body add an eCart Display manager, select the email friendly display type.

chuck429411

Thanks for the instructions. I saw on the video for universal email that you offer it in a subscription. Where on the WebAssist website is that option?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...