close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Email when record created?

Thread began 1/24/2012 8:42 am by gary.brett434358 | Last modified 1/25/2012 7:25 am by Jason Byrnes | 1943 views | 8 replies |

gary.brett434358

Email when record created?

Hi, I have DA & UE running on CS4. Is it possible with either or both that I could fire an email when a record is created?

Currently have DA to insert records, would I need to run UE wizard after this to fire an email or this just php coding i need to acquire?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

add universal email to the insert page, make sure the insert behavior is not set to redirect to another page, the redirect should be added in UE.

gary.brett434358

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  add universal email to the insert page, make sure the insert behavior is not set to redirect to another page, the redirect should be added in UE.  

Hi Jason, so far I created a test insert page, removed redirect [after insert - go to] then applied UE and dragged the 'insert record' from servers behaviour panel to body of email, looks like this:
<html><head></head><body><?php echo $_SESSION['SecurityAssist_ContactFirstName']?>
<?php echo ((isset($_POST[""]))?$_POST[""]:"")?></body></html>

I then saved and ran insert page, the record gets created but no email is sent according to the email log table created by UE?

I setup WAMP php.ini to use our local exchange box [192.168.168.100] so presume its setup ok, I do the same with asp on other projects and that works?

Any clear sign where I am going wrong?

Page attached.

Thanks

Attached Files
xxxtblcontacts_Insert.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

gary.brett434358

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.  

Jason, what are the support working hours I am based in UK GMT so guess I have finished work just as your team starts, they told me to install Skype which is quite hard to do in restricted business environment. I will have to check this, as I also have other support queries outstanding.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I am on the east coast, so 5 hours behind you. I get in the office at 9am EST (or 2pm GMT) and am available till 5pm (or 10pm GMT).

if skype will not work for a phone call, we could use IM to talk by text chat. if you have a hotmail or yahoo email address you could easily set up a chat program such as Trillian or Adium. we would set up a screen sharing session using Adobe Acrobat Connect Professional to investigate the issue with you.

gary.brett434358

I am on the east coast, so 5 hours behind you. I get in the office at 9am EST (or 2pm GMT) and am available till 5pm (or 10pm GMT).

if skype will not work for a phone call, we could use IM to talk by text chat. if you have a hotmail or yahoo email address you could easily set up a chat program such as Trillian or Adium. we would set up a screen sharing session using Adobe Acrobat Connect Professional to investigate the issue with you.  

Hi Jason, thanks for the info, there is no new support ticket created as yet? We don't really have accounts with Hotmail or Yahoo, just GMail from the publicly available clients.

I suppose we could use the free version of TeamViewer that has a basic chat client and screen sharing? I will be free from 14:00 GMT onwards if you need access to machine.

To make sure it wasnt my local environment causing the issue I have uploaded all files to my hosting account and tested mailserver functionality, all seems fine but the email isnt triggered by UE still. I will update support ticket also in case you need email/IP information.

Cheers

gary.brett434358

Afternoon Jason,
Not sure why but I deleted and recreated my pages using DA wizard then applied UE and all seems to work fine again!

When editing via email UE wizard it doesn't have the usual head/body/html tags so I cant actually make the email look presentable, I am guessing we would need to use inline css to format? It seems to create a file called 'tblhr_Insert_WAUE_HTML_WA_Universal_Email_1.php' during editing but removes when I save/close UE..

That aside thanks again for your help.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to edit the email body, you need to reenter the Universal Email wizard.

In an email, you must use inline styling, email readers cannot use Internal or external style sheets. Not all CSS standards are compatible with all email clients.

see this guide for details on css supported in various clients:
css/

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...