close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Buggy version 2.0.9

Thread began 1/18/2012 11:00 pm by this_is_me | Last modified 3/12/2012 9:47 am by toms016390756 | 4341 views | 16 replies |

this_is_me

Buggy version 2.0.9

There is a strange bug in the update record module

compare this string:

$WA_fieldValuesStr = "".((isset($_POST["ProductSKU"]))?$_POST["ProductSKU"]:"") ."" . "|�|" . "".((isset($_POST["ProductName"]))?$_POST["ProductName"]:"") ."";

with the string produced with version 2.0.8:

$WA_fieldValuesStr = "".((isset($_POST["ProductSKU"]))?$_POST["ProductSKU"]:"") ."" . "|" . "".((isset($_POST["ProductName"]))?$_POST["ProductName"]:"") ."";

In CS5 the "|�|" is displayed with a little box between the pipe "||" characters. What happens is, that each updated field is replaced with � in the database. Really messy!

If I manually replace this strange string with "|" like in version 2.0.8 everything is fine. Does this only happen here? Can't believe that WA would relase a version with such a bug in it.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ian S

I also get this issue, and highlighted it with support a while back whilst it was out as a service release.

Using MAC OSX Lion with CS5.5 and have gone back to 2.08

Cheers
Ian

this_is_me

Going back to 2.0.8

I think you made a good point here, Ian.
In our business time is a very precious thing and we should not have to look for bugs in our tools.
To me DataAssist is the most important extension for building admin pages. It really matters when such a thing happens.

MikeyT

I've been experiencing this same bug with Snow Leopard, CS5.5, and DA 2.0.8.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We are working on a new dot release to address this issue, it should be released in the next couple of days.

in the mean time, here are updated copies of the configuration/commands/WAAB_Update_SB.htm, configuration/commands/WAAB_Update_SB.js, configuration/commands/WAAB_Insert_SB.htm and configuration/commands/WAAB_Insert_SB.js files to correct the issue.

please copy them to the dreamweaver configuration folder, see the Common Installation issues PDF if you need assistance finding the configuration folder:
common_installation_issues.pdf

Attached Files
commands.zip

Ian S

Does the trick Jason. Thanks!

troyd

I have the same issue with an update form. Lots of "|�|" throughout the update code after upgrading to 2.0.9
After replacing the attached files, what should we do to fix the issue?

I replaced them, reloaded DW and then opened the update single record wizard, clicked Finish and they are still there. Do I have to start over or am I missing a step?

Thanks
TroyD

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

close dreamweaver, then Delete the Dreamweaver Cache file from the users configuration folder:
common_installation_issues.pdf

after deleting the cache file open dreamweaver again, open the update page and go to the server behaviors panel, double click the Update Record behavior to edit it, then click finish to update the code on the page.

troyd

I did that and I am still getting the same results. I will uninstall the DA extension, reinstall it, replace those 4 command files, delete the cache file and see what happens. Maybe I screwed something up.

By the way, those 4 files are dated 1/8/10 for created and modified. Do I have the correct file?

Thanks,
TroyD

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...