close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

subdomain file path issue

Thread began 1/16/2012 9:36 pm by welcomcat385026 | Last modified 1/26/2012 6:36 pm by welcomcat385026 | 5011 views | 10 replies |

welcomcat385026

Form is not sending an e-mail, because of the subdomain file path issue.

Form is on index.php within the subdomain folder.

MaindomainFolder/SubdomainFolder/index.php

WebassistFolder is :

MaindomainFolder/Webassist/email/mail_php.php, etc etc

I used absolute path, however it didn't work.

Best regards,

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you give a few more details please?

Are you getting an error message? If so, whats the error?

If you are not getting an error message, the file path should not effect whether the email is being sent or not. How are you arriving at the conclusion that the file path is the cause?

Can you provide a link where i can see the form to test please.

In Universal Email, did you set a go to page to redirect to after the email has been sent?

after submitting the form, does it redirect to that page?

If so, it is trying to send the email, but the SMTP server is not relaying it.

In Universal Email, for the SMTP server settings, what did you set for SMTP server and port?

Who is you host? your host will be able to tell you what SMTP server address to use and what port to use.

welcomcat385026

Thank you for working on this wacky issue.

I gave up on trying to point subdomain to main domain directory. I tried an indipendent FTP directory for this subdomain, so it has independent remote file definition. Mail function still did not work. So I fowarded the subdomain to the file in the subfolder of the main domain site. UE is working perfectly now. Redirection to "Thank you" page is working too. The problem seems to have occured when I changed the file name from name.php to index.php.

My hosting server is 1and1 and setting for UE is : UTF-8, smtp.1and1.com (This setting has been working properly until I introduced FORM in index.php Subdomain.

I also tried absolute path and changed paths wherever necessary, but imail function didn't work.

Do you think you can experiment with FORM with UE on subdomain index.php in main domain site?

PS: Redirection to "Thank you" page did not happen at all.

Best regards,

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

ok, well if the redirect to the thank you page is not working, that means the email behavior is not being triggered.

send a copy of your page so i can take a look at the code please.

welcomcat385026

Independent directory

Thank you for looking into this subdomain issue. Files I'm sending are set in the independent directory(FTP a/c) for the subdomain Mail function did not work. Previously I was using the directory of the main domain. Neither of the setting did not work. When I fowarded the subdomain to the particular subfolder with named file instead of index.php inside the subholder of the main domain, it worked.

Best regards,

Attached Files
indexfile.txt
waue_index_1.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the issue caused by using the currant page submit trigger.

In universal email, set the trigger to use the Submit button pressed instead of current page submit.

welcomcat385026

Thank you it worked.

One more question: How do I choose trigger for each situation. I couldn't find in pdf tutorial.
Best regards,

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I dont understand what you are asking. what do you mean by "Each Situation"?

welcomcat385026

Sorry I didn't explain enough.

To choose a trigger : any form submitted, before page load, current form submitted, button pressed. How do I guess which is most appropriate.

Best regards,

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the first factor you need to consider is how many forms are on the page. if you have a page with 2 forms, that are both set to post back to the same page, you will probably have separate server behaviors for each form. In this case, using the current page submit or any form post trigger would cause both behaviors to trigger when one of the forms is submitted.

to prevent that, use the button pressed trigger. there will be one for each submit button, make sure they are named uniquely.

many times if you have 1 form on the page, the current page submit trigger is the best to use. In your case it was not working because the form is on the default index page. current page submit looks at the page name in the address bar of the browser, the domain in the browser and compares that against server variables to make sure the match.

when index.php was not included in the address, the currant page submit trigger didnt work, because the comparison was "is '/' equal to '/index.php'"

you can read more about trigger in the "WebAssist Triggers: Unleash the Power" tutorial on the learning resources page:
resources.php?utm_campaign=Forum_header&utm_medium=Forums&utm_source=WebAssistForums

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...