close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Duplicate email receipts and Cart disappears

Thread began 1/13/2012 11:12 am by robert329616 | Last modified 1/19/2012 12:53 pm by robert329616 | 979 views | 2 replies |

robert329616

Duplicate email receipts and Cart disappears

Hello,

I am running into 2 issues.
After completing an order, the customer receives 2 emails, one with the correct info formatted correctly and the other is blank - not sure why.

The other issue is: I set up a quote cart where if the product is $0.00 then the detail page will show the add to cart button. When I click on the add button the cart page comes up blank (although the header, footer, side menu, etc renders fine). When I set the price to $1.00 and select the add button the cart renders with the correct info. If the quantity is >0 then shouldn't it show in the cart regardless of price?

My goal is to hide the price and totals in the email receipt if the total is = 0 as to not confuse the consumer and to keep it flexible enough to show the price if the client wants to complete transactions down the road.

Thanks.
Rob

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It is hard to say what is happening without looking at the code, but I can guess.

The two emails issue is probably that you have the email trigger set to "before page load" and the first time it loads it doesn't have information and it sends a second time when the form submits and then it has the data. The solution is probably to update the email trigger to the form submit event or a particular button press.

I don't see why an item without a price wouldn't be shown. What version of eCart are you using. Some payment gateways won't work with zero dollar items. That might be the logic for why a zero dollar item wouldn't be added, since it could cause errors if you ever tried to pay, but looking through the code I don't see what would cause it not to be added or shown.

Please attach a copy of your shopping cart include and the WA_eCart_Definition_PHP.php file you are using and I can see if I can spot what is removing zero dollar items.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

robert329616

Ray,

Took a while, but I found the issue. I had a piece of code that hid the cart if the price was set to 0. I purchased a premier ticket for the email issue and menu modification so thanks for the help!
Rob

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...