close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problem with show region in template header

Thread began 1/10/2012 12:08 pm by bill3786 | Last modified 1/10/2012 1:56 pm by bill3786 | 1880 views | 8 replies |

bill3786

Problem with show region in template header

The product prices are hidden on all pages of the site and the "view cart" is disabled until successfully logged in using the show region facility.

I've now added a quickcart to the header of the template to show on all pages. I'm trying to add the same show region rule for login to the quickcart but it is returning the following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function WA_Auth_RulePasses() in C:\xampp\htdocs\tweedmill\index.php on line 248

Attached is the template page, updated with the code at beginning of head area (as other earlier post on administrtion page error). Also the index page with the error.

Attached Files
MasteroneColumn.dwt.zip
index.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

add the following code to line 1 of the index page:

php:
<?php require_once( "webassist/security_assist/helper_php.php" ); ?>

bill3786

Added the code at line 1 on the index page and before login the cart detail is hidden and after login the quickcart detail is displayed ok but as soon as logout is clicked the same error returns. See attachment.

If this problem can be resolved does the solution need to be added manually to each page.

Attached Files
index.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that error message means that this line is missing from the page being displayed in the browser:
<?php require_once( "webassist/security_assist/helper_php.php" ); ?>

bill3786

Sorry, the message I saw was obviously on the logout page not as I thought on the index page. I added the code to the logout page and it displayed correctly.

It looks as though I'll have to add the line of code manually to all the site's 46 pages (the detail, results and cart pages already have the line of code so they are ok). Also will the code need to be added manually to any further new pages created.

Is there a quicker way to do this?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the template should be updating the pages automatically, if it is not, you will need to update the pages with that line manually.

bill3786

The template update is working on all the pages, I tested it with a temporary text change, but the update doesnt put a line of code from the top of the template into the updated pages. Should it do this?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes it should, if it is not, you will need to update the pages with that line manually.

bill3786

Tried copying the line of code from the top of the template page to the first line after the head area and it updates all the site pages succesfully and the show region area now works on all the pages. Many thanks.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...