close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Item Descriptions sent to PayPal Express Checkout for my checkout replacement.

Thread began 1/03/2012 10:43 am by james430706 | Last modified 1/03/2012 10:43 am by james430706 | 8841 views | 0 replies |

james430706

Item Descriptions sent to PayPal Express Checkout for my checkout replacement.

The title really says it all, but I'm looking for a developer to complete this quick task for my web site. At the moment I run www.heroesandidols.com, and would like the customers to be able to view their items throughout the entire purchase process when using the PayPal Express Checkout.

I know I need to send transaction-level (line item) details to PayPal by passing additional parameters in the SetExpressCheckout and DoExpressCheckoutPayment API calls, but I'm slighly unsure on how to execute this.

This is a reply which I had on the matter from E-Bay:

(Hello James,

You can send transaction-level (also called; "line item details") to PayPal by passing additional parameters in your SetExpressCheckout and DoExpressCheckoutPayment API calls.

An example request looks as follows. Note that this example includes all possible options for including extra metadata with your request.
The main, additional, parameter you'll want to add to your request(s) is the NAME0 (L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME0) and AMT0 (L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT0) parameters.

METHOD=SetExpressCheckout
RETURNURL=http://...
CANCELURL=http://...
PAYMENTREQUEST_0_PAYMENTACTION=Sale
L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME0=10% Decaf Kona Blend Coffee
L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NUMBER0=623083
L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_DESC0=Size: 8.8-oz
L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT0=9.95
L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_QTY0=2
L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME1=Coffee Filter bags
L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NUMBER1=623084
L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_DESC1=Size: Two 24-piece boxes
L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT1=39.70
L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_QTY1=2
PAYMENTREQUEST_0_ITEMAMT=99.30
PAYMENTREQUEST_0_TAXAMT=2.58
PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPPINGAMT=3.00
PAYMENTREQUEST_0_HANDLINGAMT=2.99
PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPDISCAMT=-3.00
PAYMENTREQUEST_0_INSURANCEAMT=1.00
PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT=105.87
PAYMENTREQUEST_0_CURRENCYCODE=USD
ALLOWNOTE=1

Additional information is also available via "Customizing Express Checkout" at ?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer%2Fe_howto_api_ECCustomizing

Sincerely
Robert)

Anyway, I'd love to hear from anyone who'd like to supply a quote and could execute this task fairly swiftly. You can e-mail me at james@heroesandidols.com.

Cheers,

James.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...