close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Downloads

Thread began 12/26/2011 3:53 am by savvy1297305 | Last modified 1/03/2012 12:33 pm by savvy1297305 | 2150 views | 7 replies |

savvy1297305

Downloads

I have set up a form that a client can attach a file to. It uploads ok to the "uploads" file that I set up in my remote site (have a corresponding file in local) But I cant figure out how to have it accessible from the return email.

How can I have the file appear in the email ?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the can either be sent as an attachment in the email, or you can include a link to the file in the email body.

See the "Sending Email Attachments with Digital File Pro and Universal Email" tutorial in the archived Documentation section of the universal Email support page for details on attaching files to the email:
universal-email/

savvy1297305

Worked a treat - Thanks Jason.

savvy1297305

On another note in the download topic. Is it possible to have the uploaded file deleted from the folder on the remote site after you have received it as an attachment in the return email?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you can use the delete file behavior to delete the file.

use the Server File name binding for the file name setting. you may need to rearrange the code manually so the code order is:
Upload File
Send Email
Delete File

savvy1297305

Thanks for the reply.

I dont know exactly what you mean with the reply you made. I am new to php. If you could expand on that in a step by step nature I would appreciate it - many thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Add a delete File behavior to the page.

For the Folder, use the same settings you used in the Upload File Behavior.

For the File Name, click the lightning bolt and select the Server File Name binding from the Uploaded Files Binding group.

after the delete file behavior is added to the page, you may need to rearrange the code order in code view to make sure that the code for the upload file behavior is first, the email behavior code is second and the delete file code is last.

savvy1297305

Thanks for your patience Jason - that worked just fine

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...