close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Find the option "Link" to create a link to the new page

Thread began 12/14/2011 6:24 am by john.molitor259030 | Last modified 12/22/2011 6:46 am by Jason Byrnes | 2741 views | 8 replies |

john.molitor259030

Find the option "Link" to create a link to the new page

Hello, I just build a site with PowerCMS.
I added a new page using "content management" and the site menu is not updated. Can not bring up the link to the new page in the menu.
After you update the content, I can not find the option "Link" to create a link to the new page. Can you tell me or find help on this? In advance thank you.
Good day to you.
Cordially. John

-----------------------------
Bonjour, je viens de construire un site avec PowerCMS.
J'ai ajouté une nouvelle page à l'aide de « content management » et le menu du site n'est pas mis à jour. Impossible de faire apparaitre le lien de la nouvelle page dans le menu.
Après avoir mis à jour le contenu, je ne trouve pas l'option « Créer un lien » pour créer un lien vers cette nouvelle page. Pouvez-vous m'indiquer ou trouver de l'aide à ce sujet ? D'avance merci.
Bonne journée à vous.
Cordialement. John

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

menu item,s for new content are not created automatically, you will need to update the menu manually to add the link to the new page.

john.molitor259030

update the menu manually to add the link to the new page

As a former user of the product Interakt (MX CSS Menus), I naively thought that the menu will be updated automatically. (database driven css menu)
Documentation/

Can we expect a dynamic menu built from a database compatible cs5? If so when?

Thank you

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That is a feature that would likely be added to power CMS Builder 2, but there is no guarantee. we currently do not have plans for when Power CMS Builder 2 will be developed, so I cannot say when it would be available.

john.molitor259030

update the menu manually to add the link to the new page

All right.
For now, I tried to make do with one of MX CSS Menus include in the "front end" and add behavior in the "back end" to the pages related to the link in the menu (joomla works this way).
Until this is possible natively "without tinkering."
cordially
John

john.molitor259030

Create Link option NOT VISIBLE

Hello,
following the tests I made​​, I see that in the source code of the back-end "content management" the link "Create Link" there.
After adding a new page, I can not find the link "Create Link".
Can you tell me if there is documentation in relation to this point?
What are the conditions necessary prerequisite to appear for "Create Link" option ?
Where can I see how to create a link to the new page?
Thank you for your help.
good week
cordially

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonjour, suite aux tests que j'ai effectués, je m'aperçois que dans le code source du back-end "content management" le lien "Create Link" existe. Après avoir ajouté une nouvelle Page, je ne retrouve pas ce lien "Create Link". Pouvez-vous me dire s’il existe de la documentation par rapport à ce point précis ? Quel sont les conditions, prérequis nécessaire pour voir apparaitre "Create Link" option? Où pourrais-je voir comment créer un lien vers cette nouvelle page?
Merci pour votre aide.
Bonne semaine
Cordialement

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Click on the View This page link, this will show the page in the browser, in the address bar it will show the URL to be used in your link.

john.molitor259030

Create Link option NOT VISIBLE

Very well, thank you for the answer.

However, I would note that the information at the "HELP" of "content management" is misleading because it states in paragraph 5 of "Creating new pages" :

Once you have updated the content, click the Create Link option to see how you can create a link to this new page. In addition, this link exists in the source code of the page "load_content.php".

Until the moment this functionality becomes available, I wish you beautiful Christmas and New Year and best wishes for 2012.
Cordially
John

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the first part of create pages section in the help reads:

Administrators have the ability to create new pages that are based on a template. In order to use this feature, your template and the PHP page that displays the template will need to have been set up by the Super Admin.  

In other words, the PowerCMS Supper Admin must first set up the template, then another user logged in as an administrator can create new pages based on the template. The Create Link option is only available if you are logged in using an administrator account, if you are logged in as the Supper Admin user, you will see the View Page link instead.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...