close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

User Email Form Question

Thread began 12/02/2011 10:35 pm by cherry8723424721 | Last modified 12/07/2011 7:51 am by cherry8723424721 | 4048 views | 22 replies |

cherry8723424721

User Email Form Question

Jason:

I recently bought CSS Form Builder with the specific purpose of enabling users to contact me via email. In Webassist > Forms > Insert New Form, I choose a - Contact - Simple Contact - form and it comes out OK. The Captcha and the other Security check seem to be working fine.

However, I don't see the option to insert the Email address where the email will be sent to.

How do I insert my (hidden) email address in the Email form so that users can email their messages to me?

Thank you for your attention

Sign in to reply to this post

Nico

You should go to
'Server Behaviors'
click the + button
Select 'Webassist'
then choose
'Create Email Message'

From the Panel that opens you can set the various email options you want.

It's a little tricky at first. Once understood the process is easy to follow.

Hope it helps.

cherry8723424721

Nico:

Thanks for your reply.

I followed your instructions. Went to Server Behaviors > Create Email Message, entered my email address in the "To" field and connected the "From" field dynamically to the user's email address.

Everything looks fine, but no email is sent. I've tried triggering with "Current page submit" and "Button simple contact Submit pressed", but no email is sent. I'm not getting any emails in the inbox of the email address I entered in the "To" field. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your attention.

Nico

Sometimes this happens because some files aren't uploaded.
Make sure you have uploaded all required files to the server.
Inside 'webassist' folder there is an 'email' folder.
Make sure you uploaded this folder to the server.

cherry8723424721

Nico:

I already did that. I actually did it twice just in case it hadn't uploaded right, but it still doesn't send emaills.

What about the "edit form" or the "edit content" features? Anything I can do there?

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

To edit the universal email settings, go to the server behaviors panel, in the list of server behaviors, double click the universal email server behavior.

in addition to setting the from and to addresses, you may also need to set the SMTP Server settings.

contact your host to find out if they support sending emails through php scripts using the php mail() function.

if they do, also ask them what SMTP Server address and Port should be used.

use this information for configuring the Server section of the universal email wizard.

If you need more assistance, Who is your host? and can you send a copy of your page.

cherry8723424721

Jason:

Thanks. I'll consult with the host (iXWebhosting) and ask for the info you mention. In the meantime, attached please find a copy of the page. Turns out it's not opening anymore when I upload it. I'm getting an "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error". It was opening well this afternoon, but no longer. Could you please take a look at it?

I'll get back to you with the Host info ASAP.

Thank you for your attention.

cherry8723424721

Sorry. Here goes the page in question.

Attached Files
CherryUserEmail.zip

cherry8723424721

Jason:

The guys at iXWeb Hosting say to use local host as smtp server and without authorization.

cherry8723424721

Jason:

The guys at iXWebHosting are helping me with the Error 500 issue. They switched on errors for that page's script and came up with the following:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in D:\hshome\c309340\lovingpanda.com\webassist\email\mail_php.php on line 303

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...