close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Editor Style Dropdown, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP, been waiting FOR DAAAYS

Thread began 11/28/2011 11:41 am by sales189614 | Last modified 5/04/2016 11:18 am by Ray Borduin | 1493 views | 5 replies |

sales189614

Editor Style Dropdown, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP, been waiting FOR DAAAYS

Ok, so after LITERALLY weeks of support requests getting help with getting PowerCMS Builder installed, then getting PowerGallery working with it, since they're not compatible, I literally have one thing left to do in order to FINALLY be able to turn this over to my client so he can take control over his website (even though I anticipate being contacted numerous times saying this doesn't work, or that doesn't work but for not I just need this one last thing fixed).

What I am trying to accomplish: Getting the current css styles from the site's css file into the styles dropdown in the PowerCMS editor.

I already have already added the style dropdown to the editor, so it's there, and this is exactly what I have done so far:

I opened the contents_update.php and added

$CKEditor_config["contentsCss"] = array("../css/editor_styles.css");

above the following:

$CKEditor->editor("ContentValue", $CKEditor_initialValue, $CKEditor_config);

I changed:

array( 'Format','Font','FontSize'),

to:

array( 'Styles','Format','Font','FontSize'),

This did add a styles drop down list that I was told would automatically load classes from my stylesheet. IT DID NOT.

Now, I have also made modifications to webassist/ckeditor/plugins/styles/styles/default.js as well, and right now it is just listing one style (the one I left in cause all of the others were un-needed, and I didn't want my client using them). So I was under the impression that I could define all of the styles in the default.js (since the above solution failed to work, which of course would be the ideal way, but of course it NEVER works that way!) The problem is that I don't quite understand how to convert styles from the stylesheet into the js file. For example:

How would I get this from the stylesheet:

.forminput { font-size: 8pt; font-family: Arial; font-weight: bold; color: #47704D; vertical-align: middle; background : #FFCD00; border : 1px solid #47704D; }

converted to work in the default.js so that it actually works, cause I don't know how to do it like this:

[{name:'Blue Title',element:'h3',styles:{color:'Blue'}}

Basically get the css coding into the default.js without messing it up. I am attaching the stylesheet with all of the styles I need either converted, or some kind of fix so that what I did above will work like Dani said it should, but didn't.

By no means am I asking abyone to take all of the syles in the attached stylesheet and convert them for me (unless you want to, LOL!), I just need to know how to convert it to the coding in the default.js because I am confused when it comes to that, especially when it comes to just say a text style as opposed to say a form field style or something like that.

Now if a tech is reading this and can help (Dani has been helping me, but he has not answered me in days and days and I am getting VERY FRUSTRATED), I have a ticket open, ticket #135314. The info for the style dropdown problem starts at message 42, (this is a very long ticket). The link for this site, the cms url, the ftp login etc is in this ticket so a tech can login and look at it for me to see what I am doing wrong, or if I'm not doing anything wrong, and another workaround is needed? I REALY DO have to get this one last thing fixed today, so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE someone help?

Thank you!

Attached Files
editor_styles.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Hi,

sorry for not getting back to you sooner but we were closed on Thursday and Friday and we are trying to catch up from a four day weekend.

i will look into the issue and let you know once i'm able to find a fix or a work around for the issue.

Michelle141190

I am having the same problem.

Did you ever receive an answer to this?

sales189614

Yes Michelle.

The answer I was provided with was:

The problem seems to do with not setting the font-weight property on some of these classes.

Make sure the styles in the CKEditor all have the font-weight properties to match the style because the CKEditor applies a default font-weight property.

Note, You will need to reapply the Class to see the changes once you make the updates in the default.js

I did that but I also found that in my stylesheet some styles had sizes in pt and some in px, and some of those differences didn't match in the default.js file, so it was really a combination of both. That is what fixed it for me.

I was going to post the solution, but I just barely got it all figured out at 3 this morning, so I'm glad you asked. Hope it helps. There are WAY too many threads on here with no solutions, just opened tickets, so I always try my best to post my solutions because I know how frustrating it is.

alan56669

Me Too

Originally Said By: sales189614
  Yes Michelle.

The answer I was provided with was:

The problem seems to do with not setting the font-weight property on some of these classes.

Make sure the styles in the CKEditor all have the font-weight properties to match the style because the CKEditor applies a default font-weight property.

Note, You will need to reapply the Class to see the changes once you make the updates in the default.js

I did that but I also found that in my stylesheet some styles had sizes in pt and some in px, and some of those differences didn't match in the default.js file, so it was really a combination of both. That is what fixed it for me.

I was going to post the solution, but I just barely got it all figured out at 3 this morning, so I'm glad you asked. Hope it helps. There are WAY too many threads on here with no solutions, just opened tickets, so I always try my best to post my solutions because I know how frustrating it is.  

Hi can you please explain what you did as its still misleading for me.
I am in the same situation, I have made the changes to the CSS stylesheet like you have and updated the contents_update.php file like you have.

I still have the default list in the editor what am I doing wrong?

Regards

Alan

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you post a URL where I can reproduce the problem and provide steps to reproduce and FTP access and I can debug it and try to get it fixed for you.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...