close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 or 2018 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SecurityAssist v.1.1.9 worked great until today

Thread began 10/25/2011 9:26 am by tom92909 | Last modified 10/27/2011 2:09 pm by Jason Byrnes | 635 views | 3 replies |

tom92909Beta Tester

SecurityAssist v.1.1.9 worked great until today

I have a standard login page that has worked without issue for years on a client site that I developed. I am still using SA v.1.1.9 and it simply works great. But for some reason it refuses to work now. The data in the table is unchanged. SA looks at the table and refuses to pass the value. It will perform a lost password retrieval and the data it sends is both what is being input as well as what resides in the table.

I'm a little confused about what has occurred.

Once again, this was a fully functional set of pages that suddenly decided to stop working.

Any suggestions?


Current Server Setup
--------------------
Apache version 2.2.15
MySQL version 5.0.92-community
PHP version 5.2.13

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Some thing in the server configuration must have changed to cause it to stop working.

first thing to check is the servers session management, use the session test page from the following thread to make sure the server can maintain session state:
showpost.php?p=23826&postcount=2

if the session test fails, it is most likely a bad session.save_path in the php.ini, you will need to contact the host to have them correct the problem.


another thing to try is to change the following code in the WA_SecurityAssist/helper_PHP.php file:

php:
if (!isset($_SESSION)) {

    session_start();
}




to:

php:
@session_start();
Sign in to reply to this post

tom92909Beta Tester

Jason thanks for your comments. I tried your recommendations and found that the sessionTest.php script worked as expected. The URL did change to indicate that the test was working as well. I also made the small edit to the helper_PHP.php file which had no effect. At this time, I'm still stuck.

At the bottom of this post I am providing some server configuration information...




Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...