close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Store data after confirming

Thread began 10/21/2011 7:56 am by Bknvc1111729 | Last modified 10/21/2011 8:48 am by Jason Byrnes | 717 views | 1 replies |

Bknvc1111729

Store data after confirming

I am using an older version of eCart (ver 4.5.0). Currently when a customer is checking out when they get to the confirmation page the order summary and details are stored in the database. I would like for the order to be stored preferrably after they have finished the PayPal checkout if possible or at least after they press the confirm order button on the confirmation page.

Currently the page is set to "any form post". I tried to reset it to "button submit order pressed". When I did I was able to confirm order and be redirected to the PayPal checkout proccess fine but no data was stored in either table. Yes, both the order summary and order details are set to be updated by the "button submit order pressed".

I have attached zip file of the confirmation page to help you see what I have got going on.

Thanks in advance,
Bknvc

Attached Files
Confirm.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Since you are using paypal standard as the Gateway, you will not be able to do that.

Paypal standard is on e of the most difficult payment services to work with.

The confirm page is set to post the cart information to the paypal server to begin the checkout process, because it must post information to paypal, you cannot act on the form post, that post is sent to the paypal server.

With paypal standard, the order needs to be stored in the database when the checkout page posts to the confirm page. You order table should have a status column in it, that column should use the default value of pending.

one of the main difficulties with paypal standard is that it is not a real time service. When the order is placed, it is not processed with the mechant bank i real time, it is placed in a que to be processed on a first come first served basis.

this means that when the customer goes to paypal, sets up the payment and directed back to your site to the checkout success page page, you dont actually know the status of the order yet.

PayPal uses an IPN (Instant Payment Notification) system to post the results of the transaction to your site when the order is processed through the merchant bank.

you need to configure a page to accept this IPN Post and update the status of the order.

more details on IPN can be found here:
ipn

If at all possible, I recommend using payments pro instead of standard, the small monthly fee is well worth the headaches of configuring payment standard and IPN.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...