close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Modify Form add field

Thread began 10/19/2011 3:49 pm by lvmetro322414 | Last modified 10/21/2011 9:21 am by Jason Byrnes | 866 views | 3 replies |

lvmetro322414

Modify Form add field

My client wants me to add a new field to the form I crated in the security assist wizard. I can not figure out how to do this??? Is there any easy insert I am missing??? I can not find any information in regards to easily modifing forms. I don't seem to be able to add any form fields and spry validation. If you do not have an easy insert, you really need to. I've spent hours trying to modify my form...

Off topic... how do I get captcha to work in the new firefox? I can't use firefox to post in your forum.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it's not just as simple as adding a new form element to the page

is this on the registration page or the login page?

adding the form field is only one part, you also need to edit the data base to include a new column for this field, then edit the behaviors to use the new form field and bind it to the new database column.

lvmetro322414

This is on the registration page. First off I'm sorry in my original post I should have said: <I don't seem to be able to add any form fields "WITH" spry validation>. I understand all about DB and behaviors. My problem is the sry and css. When I try to add the new field and add the spry through DW it does not work. Also when I try to apply the existing WAclass, that all the other fieds have, it seems to not look the same. The Spry and CSS seems to make things complicated?? What I mean in regards to an insert, It would be greate to be able to revisit the wizzard to add or change elements that way it would keep everthing in sync with the WA css and spry.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to add the new spry field, place your cursor where the spry field should go, the to insert -> Spry -> Spry text field.

if this is not working, please post a link where i can see the problem to investigate.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...