close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Formatting forms

Thread began 10/06/2011 9:39 pm by jvorzimer358609 | Last modified 10/07/2011 8:12 am by Jason Byrnes | 865 views | 1 replies |

jvorzimer358609

Formatting forms

I am having a lot of problems trying to format forms that I generate with CSS Form Builder. I know you have several templates that are part of the plugin but frequently I want to move some element or resize the entire form.

A couple of examples I am running into right now are:
All the forms I have generated using the plugin seem to be set with a fairly large left margin. Some of this is space given to the labels but when I reduce the width of the labels the form elements just stay in the same place they were before and all that happens is that a large gap is created. In one form I am setting up I want to eliminate the labels all together and have the form elements flush to the left side of the containing div.

Another thing I need to so is move the "display if" validation error messages. I have setup a form using radio buttons and there is space under the buttons for that message to appear but so far nothing I have tried in altering the CSS of any of the various classes has made anything move at all. With them displaying to the right of the buttons there is a lot of page space being left open just for those to display when needed.

I'm sure it's just a matter of my not seeing exactly where that CSS needs to be altered (you guys write some extensive code) so I'm trying to learn how you were thinking so I can decipher things better as I learn the tools.

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the CSS Form Builder wizard, Click the Customize CSS button under the Design Selection.

to change the width of the labels:
Select Form Elements from the initial select list, this will show a secondary select list, select Element Labels. You can change the width of the labels here.

to change the placement of the errors:
Select Validations from the initial List. Set Message Placement to Below the Field.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...