close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Newbie help needed please

Thread began 9/30/2011 4:16 am by secure377208 | Last modified 9/30/2011 7:30 am by Jason Byrnes | 699 views | 1 replies |

secure377208

Newbie help needed please

I have PowerCMS 1.2 which I must have purchased at some time but never got around to experimenting with, we have a client who requires a cms package but has no budget and thought this may be suitable but as usual have run into issues straight away.

The help file gives the impression that you upload the files to the server and run the index.php and it will check your settings and configure. That didnt work so looked at the readme file and did the manual configuration of importing the database and editing the settings in the global .php and php.ini settings and managed to load the admin area and log in. however as soon as I try to add new content I end up with a server 500 error, check my logs and see;

[Fri Sep 30 12:06:23 2011] [error] [client 213.120.116.217] PHP Warning: require_once(../HTMLEditor/WARichEditorPHP.php) [<a href='plugins/function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/marton-grange.co.uk/public_html/powercms/admin/contents_insert.php on line 3, referer: index.php
[Fri Sep 30 12:06:23 2011] [error] [client 213.120.116.217] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='plugins/function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '../HTMLEditor/WARichEditorPHP.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear5') in /home/sites/marton-grange.co.uk/public_html/powercms/admin/contents_insert.php on line 3, referer: index.php

The other links work such as help and search etc so why does this page not work.

I am finding the whole thing very confusing as there is mention of super admin users in some documentation but havent found anything in the program that provides ability to add different users let alone ones with varying levels of ability.

Before I just decide to ditch this which I am loath to do having paid good money for it could someone please provide info on the following.

1) Does my power CMS 1.2 allow me to provide multiple installs without additional licences.

2) Can anyone explain why I cannot add apage to it without getting the 500 error above.

3) There seems to be hacking and security concerns mentioned in the forum, is this a real issue with this software (not much point in going any further if it isnt secure)

All the client in this case needs to do is amend a singler special offer page in his site, I thought this would do the job and be up and running within minutes but so far have wasted hours and it still doesnt work.

Having experienced webassist support in the past I cannot fault them but I would prefer the documentation to be more thorough in the first place and the programs to work out of the box.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...