close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Datepicker problem

Thread began 9/26/2011 4:57 am by dvan_zelst | Last modified 9/28/2011 6:14 am by dvan_zelst | 2539 views | 7 replies |

dvan_zelst

Datepicker problem

Hi, i experience some issues with the datepicker within CSS form builder.
When i open the form with the datepicker element it shows the popup calendar only one time, i mean if i click away from the field the calendar dissapears but when i click in the field again the calender does not show anymore and i need to refresh the form.

Second, i use the yearRange parameter to show me more years for easy selecting the birthday together with the mindate and maxdate, but when i select the min year possible, if i select the years dropdown again it does not show the other years.

Are these issues known or just happening with me?

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please post a link where i can see the problem.

dvan_zelst

Dear Jason,

Thanks for your reply. I don't have an active link as i'm testing my form locally on my testing server.

I can however post the form in this thread.

I just made a simple form with CSS Form builder because i want to test the datepicker. I now use dropdown menu/list items for selecting the birthday but i want to use the datepicker instead, therefor i needed to include a yearRange to show and minDate and maxDate. Even without these the calendar only shows up once.

Is it any use for you to just post this form in here, again i don't have an active link as i'm just developing locally on my testing server.

Thanks

dvan_zelst

Dear Jason,

I discovered the folowing about my previous problems.

1. The datepicker only shows 1 time => this happens in IE9 but not in Firefox. Seems to be in issue in IE i don't have other browsers yet so maybe you can give it a try as well.

2. The yearRange does not show again when selecting the min year => it seems it is caused because i use yearRange: "-100 : +0", however i actually want to show a range from the current year - 100 years back. I know i can just write 1911 : 2011 but then i have to change it every year.
What should i use instead of +0 to show untill the current year.
I want to show the yearRange like above and set the minDate and maxDate to force no entry before 100 years from now backwards and not after the current date.
Again it will be for a birthdate entry.

Thanks and please inform me if the first problem is only on my IE or really an IE problem.

Dave

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I cant reproduce the problem on my forms, so I really need a link to see your form in browser.

It may or may not help for you to compress the test form into a zip archive and attach that to your post so I can see the code.

using yearRange: -100, +0, should do the trick, again, I need to seethe problem ion the browser to see why it is not working.

dvan_zelst

Hi Jason,

Somehow i get everything to work if i run the form from my internal/external IP address.
The problem with the calendar showing only one time happens when i run from localhost or from DW CS5.5 which also directs to localhost.

For some reason the yearRange shows normal now.
I still wonder if this only happens with my version of IE9 or my system. Anyway from the IP address it works like it should do, so sending you a link would be useless as it works then.

I included the form page to you which i just a test for me to test the datepicker.
One other error message is included which i get if i run the validation client side and want to add the fields to validate with the + button. It does this for every form field or type.
Any idea?

One other thing, if i wanna change the datepicker settings from the property inspector in DW CS5.5, i select the datepicker which gives me the live edit button in the property inspector. When i select that the datepicker window shows to make changes but i can click OK after changes, nothing happens the windows stays as is, i can just select cancel and then with no change the window dissapears.

Also when inside the form creator if you choose the datepicker option in the field set the edit button besides it stays unselectable, is this normal or should you be able to edit the look and feel of the datepicker within the form toolkit as well.

Thanks for trying to support me, i really appreciate it.
Dave

Attached Files
form.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

dvan_zelst

Hi Jason,

I was able to resolve my problems, however i still don't know the reason.
I have to state that i also own and installed extensions from DMXZONE, maybe somehow they conflict.

Anyway i deleted the CSS Form builder (WA) and also deleted the DMX Calendar (DMXzone) then i re-installed the DMX calendar (which also made Dreamweaver crash at soem point) and suddenly this extensions worked. I then re-installed the CSS Formbuilder and guess what, the client validation option now also seems to work again.

The only issues still active:
1. when testing with localhost/..... the datepicker only shows 1 time, if from internal or external IP address then it's ok.

2. After inserting the form with css formbuilder, if re-open the formbuilder from the property inspector i can't edit the action page entry anymore, it is greyed out, why?
3. When selecting the datepicker field from the form to edit the look and feel of the datepicker i can click the OK button but nothing happens, the window stays active and i can only click CANCEL or HELP.
4. Inside the CSS Formbuilder itself when creating a datepicker field, besides this field there is an edit button which is not active. Should you be able to edit the datepicker itself from within the CSS Formbuilder or not?
5. Last but maybe that's normal is that after installing all extension (WA and DMXzone) Dreamweaver launches much slower and also opening the first page inside DW and launching some extensions takes much longer to open. Do these extensions make internet contact while launching Dreamweaver? maybe this makes everything slow?

Thanks again for all the feedback and support.

Dave

Thanks for all the feedback and support

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...