close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

"Forgot Password" page not working

Thread began 9/22/2011 10:58 am by jam396972 | Last modified 9/23/2011 6:44 am by Jason Byrnes | 2189 views | 3 replies |

jam396972

"Forgot Password" page not working

I have tried several different settings to get the _EmailPW.php page to work correctly, but I am still getting the following error messages and unable to get the email sent:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "mail.hostmonster.com" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\xampp\htdocs\guitar-tables\WA_SecurityAssist\Mail_PHP.php on line 211

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\guitar-tables\WA_SecurityAssist\Mail_PHP.php:211) in C:\xampp\htdocs\guitar-tables\WA_SecurityAssist\Helper_PHP.php on line 107

My host is hostmonster.com and I have contacted them to provide the appropriate server address to use, which was: mail.woodworkerstudio.com, my primary domain name. I have also tried smtp.woodworkerstudio.com, smtp.guitar-tables.com (which is an add-on domain the ecommerce store is under), mail.woodworkerstudio.com, mail.guitar-tables.com, mail.hostmonster.com and smtp.hostmonster.com. I have tried both "Mail for Windows" and "Mail for Linux". I have tried leaving the return path empty and providing an email address. Under Server Behaviors, all values look fine. I have tried triggers: "Button: send pressed" (which was default) and "Current page submit". My php.ini page indicates port 25.

All the other pages that were created with SA (ver 1.1.9) seem to be working fine. I am attaching a zip file containing the _EmailPW.php, Helper_PHP.php, and Mail_PHP.php. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you.

Attached Files
ForgotPW.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

host monster SMTP Servers do not operate on port 25, they use port 26.

make sure to set the SMTP server port to 26 in the email password behavior.

jam396972

_EmailPW.php

After changing the port to 26, I am getting the following errors:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 550-pool-##-###-###-###.phlapa.east.verizon.net (####-##########) 550 [##.###.###.###] is currently not permitted to relay through this server. in C:\xampp\htdocs\guitar-tables\WA_SecurityAssist\Mail_PHP.php on line 211

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\guitar-tables\WA_SecurityAssist\Mail_PHP.php:211) in C:\xampp\htdocs\guitar-tables\WA_SecurityAssist\Helper_PHP.php on line 107

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you will need to contact the host regarding this one, it basically means that either the server or the from address is not allowed by the SMTP server to relay email messages. Your host will need to correct this issue.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...