Download button & order history not working
Hi - I have a very serious issue effecting my customers!
I have installed Powerstore 4.50. I am running a Mac OS X 10.5.8 with Dreamweaver CS4, Safari 5.0.3 and Firefox 3.6.13
*The website is up and running selling an eBook with download delivery. The web URL is www.bettybobbitt.com
* Paypal is set up correctly and sales are going through. On Paypal website the IPN history is showing up as OK
*When customers return to my Powerstore eCommerce website from Paypal after paying, they go to the 'downloads' section and the download button does not work. The file info fields are also blank.
* When customers then go to 'My Account'/'Order History' there is no history. Just this message: "No orders found for this user. Please make sure to log in with the same email address used during checkout".
Stranger still, the site works sporadically. Without changing any of the settings I experienced the following behaviour...
Login with my test account:
1. Success - Able to download (Deleted transaction in back end)
2. Failed - Download blank
3. Success - Able to download (Deleted transaction in back end)
4. Success - Able to download
Login with different test account:
1. Failed - Download blank
2. Success - Able to download (Deleted transaction in back end)
3. Failed - Download blank
4. Success - Able to download (Deleted transaction in back end)
5. Failed - Download blank
6. Failed - Download blank
7. Failed - Download blank
I had a code-savvy friend look at it and he says it is the IPN response page that is having the issue. The process fails (occasionally) when the customer returns to the site from Paypal.
I consider this issue as very serious! Customers are complaining, we are having to manually track all Paypal receipts and then email the eBook product to each customer! We have even had 1 customer put in a Paypal dispute!!!!
I feel really disappointed in the product because of this. Otherwise it is great but we NEED to get these two issues fixed ASAP.