close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Issues setting up

Thread began 8/15/2011 12:24 pm by biz295654 | Last modified 8/21/2011 11:41 am by biz295654 | 2926 views | 7 replies |

biz295654WebAssist

Issues setting up

I am struggling with SA 2. I have successfully used this a couple of years ago, earlier version.

During set up, I can't set a field, screen shot attached.

Ignoring that and moving on, I get this error message:

Spry.Widget.TextField ERR: Unknown validation type received as the second parameter.

So I am assuming related.

Related question: Using the wizard, it would seem that would take care of set up and page access. Is user authentication then also needed?

I have gone over the instructions many times, but I'm obviously missing something basic. Is there any further documentation besides the getting started guide? I know the older system had more documentation but I am not sure if going back to that set would cause even more confusion.

Thanks much.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

what happens if you click the plus button to select the username and password columns from the directory table you have selected?

Related question: Using the wizard, it would seem that would take care of set up and page access. Is user authentication then also needed?  

the security assist wizard will add the authenticate user behavior to the login page for you, as well as the other behaviors needed for the registration, login, profile etc. pages.

the whole idea of the wizard is to apply the behaviors to the pages for you.

Is there any further documentation besides the getting started guide?  

yes, there is the help documentation:
index.html

biz295654WebAssist

Thanks... That is what I'm using, but I'm missing something that is probably obvious to others. :-(

biz295654WebAssist

what happens if you click the plus button to select the username and password columns from the directory table you have selected?

This wasn't clear to me what to do in that screen shot. The plus button flashes the entire list, but will not allow me to select anything.

I've tried on multiple days to get there but can't.

biz295654WebAssist

Trying again today. I am ok until I get to the Customizing Pages area. I understand (I think) field_settings.html.

found that part...

Once past this step and the pages are created, then using the pulldown WA menu within DW, that is when the redirect happens? authenticateuser.html

As well as the next steps? Or is this supposed to all happen within "creating Security pages"? It is the Step one, then do Step two that is fuzzy for me.

thanks

biz295654WebAssist

I got as far as the authentication... and this time was able to insert an user/email (took several attempts) but not the password field. A movie is here:
securityassist.mov

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

biz295654WebAssist

In case it helps anyone else with the learning curve, I was trying to do more than I needed to. By staying within the "Create Security Page" it takes care of everything. No need to use the other options.

However, the log-in redirects had to be changed. It was keeping the visitor on the log in page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...