close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Item choice Problems

Thread began 8/05/2011 4:04 pm by ar_za405571 | Last modified 8/10/2011 6:59 am by Jason Byrnes | 1920 views | 7 replies |

ar_za405571

Item choice Problems

One of our items in the cart has Color and Style Options which do not show anywhere after added to cart.

attaching 2 files with the tags that may help you figure out why (?). In the past I have used these options and worked fine and showed up with the description , right now cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

***** Sat Aug 6: Our cart is static, not DB driven ******

Attached Files
cart display.txt
item for cart.txt
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the code for the files attached looks correct, i dont see a problem, though the add to cart file is not complete.

if you could compress the full php file to a zip archive rather than pasting the code to a text file, that would be helpful.

also, send a link where I can see the problem in the browser to help troubleshoot the cause of the problem.

ar_za405571

options problem addtl info

Jason,
attached is the zip file and the link is:

cart.php

It is the page with add to cart button/info

Attached Files
cart.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

hmmmm, could be a php error occurring

try adding the following code at line 1 of the cart and cart2 pages:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

ar_za405571

I added the tag as you indicated and now get this in the color and style columns of cart display:

Notice: Undefined property: eCart1_ItemDefinition::$Color in /mnt/stor2-wc1-dfw1/391501/www.blowerdoorcover.com/web/content/WA_eCart/WA_eCart_Definition_PHP.php(119) : eval()'d code on line 1

Notice: Undefined property: eCart1_ItemDefinition::$Style in /mnt/stor2-wc1-dfw1/391501/www.blowerdoorcover.com/web/content/WA_eCart/WA_eCart_Definition_PHP.php(119) : eval()'d code on line 1

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that error will happen if the updated WA_eCart/eCart1.php file is not uploaded to the server after adding the new cart columns.

make sure to upload the eCart folder.

ar_za405571

Jason, that must be the problem, the file cart1 is not changed, I dont see "color" and "style" anywhere on that file

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

make sure that the file is not read only before editing the eCart object to add the new columns

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...