close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dreamweaver Data base connexions

Thread began 8/01/2011 12:28 pm by maftouh_hassane428882 | Last modified 8/02/2011 7:21 am by maftouh_hassane428882 | 1648 views | 6 replies |

maftouh_hassane428882

Dreamweaver Data base connexions

Hi.
i have tried out several times to connect to my data base from dreamweaver, but no success. followed step by step the tutor on this page : creating_db_connection.php
and it previews tutor, but the same message comes up every try to connect : Unknown error happened - "The testing server specified for this site does not map to 127.0.0.1/ _mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php url. Verify that the url perfix ..."
i've reinstall my php server (MAMP) and made a new try, but the same error come avery time.

so, what to do ?
I'm running on Mac Os X 10.6.4, with Dreamweaver CS3 and MAMP 1.9.4.
Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this error occurs if the URL Prefix set in the Testing Server tab of the Dreamweaver Site definition is not correct.

see the "Defining a Dynamic Site in Dreamweaver" tutorial on the learning resources page:
resources.php?utm_campaign=Forum_header&utm_medium=Forums&utm_source=WebAssistForums

maftouh_hassane428882

step done

thank you Jason Byrnes, but i have to inform you that i've already done those steps. and, it's not my first time... I've followed the Defining a Dynamic Site in Dreamweaver and Creating your database connection in Dreamweaver tutorials, but it's doesn't give any thing.

if you can suggest me any other solution, i'd be pleased.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the problem is the URL Prefix on the testing server tab of the Dreamweaver site definition.

send me a screen shot showing the settings of the testing server tab.

maftouh_hassane428882

screenshot

all right Jason Byrnes.
here are two screenshots for both of local information and the testing server. They are in french, but i think, it's okay... "vectograph" is the name of the folder where the web site is.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

and what happens if you open a web browser and enter the address:

vectograph

maftouh_hassane428882

setting error (corrected)

I'm sorry my friend to be stupid. you are right.
every thing should be set with the URL Prefix. and what went wrong with me is that i didn't set the port number that i've been delivered by my testing server. I mean : MAMP server provide a port number to use in the URL address.
so, the URL in the Prefix should be : http://localhost:8888/vectograph/.
that how it works in the browser.
now i set it on my testing server configuration and it works properly.

Thanks for your assistance.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...