close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Simple Shipping Drop down select

Thread began 7/21/2011 8:55 am by Steve E | Last modified 7/27/2011 9:12 am by Ray Borduin | 1521 views | 9 replies |

Steve E

Simple Shipping Drop down select

Hi
I am setting up the shopping cart with E Cart5 and PayPal Standard checkout,
we have looked at signing up to a shipping provider and found it to be a very costly way of doing things, being UK based we have spoken to Royal Mail and have some standard shipping rates for various destinations and methods of shipping,
I have entered thes into a shipping database and would like the user to select the method of shipping at checkout,
How can I incorperate these options into the checkout page, I would obviously need to create a record set for the shipping options table and a dropdown select, but I am not sure how to integrate these options into the payment process from there?
Any advice would be really appreciated
Thanks in advance

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You would:

1) add a recordset filtered using the submitted shipping type on the action page after the form is submitted (sounds like the confirm page).

2) Then you could take the resulting charge from the filtered recordset and store it as a session variable when the form element has been submitted.

3) Add a shipping charge to the shopping cart that sets the shipping value to the stored value in the session.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Steve E

Hello Ray
Thanks for your prompt reply

"add a recordset filtered using the submitted shipping type on the action page after the form is submitted (sounds like the confirm page)."

Yes it is the confirm page, is the shipping type within the bindings panel under the icon that looks like a shopping cart there is an entry called [Shipping]?

Within the table on the confirm.php page I have this <?php echo WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($mywebsite, $mywebsite->GetShipping()); ?>

Within the wizard I have entered a base rate for shipping only with no provider selected.

My Query at the moment on the check out is

SELECT shipping.shippingDescription, shipping.shippingCost
FROM shipping
ORDER BY shipping.shippingDescription DESC

I use this to create the drop down select within the form, how would this need to be modified to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I can only give a rough outline of the steps through this forum. If you would like us to help you do this directly you can sign up for a premium support incident and we can do screen sharing and walk you through it directly.

I was assuming your shipping table had weights, regions, descriptions, and costs. If it is as simple as just having types and costs and the costs are the same regardless of region and number of items/weight in the cart then you could:

1) add a list/menu to the checkout page and populate it from the recordset using the "dynamic" button in the list properties window.

2) Set the text of the list to the Description, and the value to the cost

3) Use the set session value server behavior on the confirm page to store the submitted cost from the list into a session variable. (you may want to add the checkout form to the bindings so that you can bind the values using the lightning bolt)

4) Update your shipping rule to get the value of the shipping cost from the session variable you stored.

Steve E

Hi Ray, I have purchaced the ticket and look forward to hearing from you.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

A salesperson will call to schedule a precise time and establish a number to reach you. We prefer to use Skype these days, but either way we'll get it scheduled and help you get this done.

Steve E

Hi Ray
Your guy was very knowledgable and we have now got the shipping options included in the checkout successfully,

Today I made a test purchace with PayPal and all went well, I have noticed that the P&P values are not being entered into the correct column in the PayPal confirmation receipt

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Inka
Item Number 75 £0.01 GBP 1 £0.01 GBP
Subtotal £0.01 GBP
Postage and packing 0
Total £3.00 GBP
Payment £3.00 GBP
Payment sent to Hello@ffstylecollection.com

Here I have a test item with a value of £0.01
Shipping cost £2.99

As you can see the Shipping is only showing in the Total, unfortunatly I have closed the support ticket, I assume the reason for this is that we have changed the code, (broken the cart) In the ECart Object we made the following change...

//eCart Rule
function WAEC_FFShopObject_ShippingHandling() {
$totalShipping = 0;
if (!isset($_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_shippingCost']) && ((sizeof($this->Items) > 0))) {
$totalShipping += 2.99;//Result
}
elseif(isset($_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_shippingCost'])) {
$totalShipping += $_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_shippingCost'];
}
return WA_eCart_FormatNumber($totalShipping, $this->ForceDecimalsC, $this->DecimalPlacesC);
}
//eCart Rule

If you could could give me any advice with regard to where the problem lies or reopen my ticket I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This problem occurs when you are passing the data to paypal, not in the code you have referenced here.

Where exactly depends on whether you are using paypal standard, express checkout, or direct payment. I'll re-open your incident so that someone can assist you.

Steve E

Hi Ray
Thanks for getting back to me, I see the ticket has been reopened, I can not currently add a message to it probably because I have already rated it? We are using PayPal Standard with the express check out for the time being.
Thanks in advance

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I've gone ahead and created a new incident. You can just close the old one and use the new one for replies.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...