close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adding Digital File Pro to DataAssist Insert and Update Pages

Thread began 7/14/2011 1:19 pm by Kumel | Last modified 7/15/2011 10:23 am by Kumel | 3049 views | 7 replies |

Kumel

Adding Digital File Pro to DataAssist Insert and Update Pages

I checked thru da link dfp_da_insert_update_ht.pdf but i m not able to understand how exactly to do dat.. So please is it possible for u to send me da file created.. just simple.. so i ll luk into it n try it out again.. i tried a lot but im getting confused.. I guess many ppl must be facing this problem.. So please help us out in easy way.. Or best thing wud be if you cud make a video for it (Adding Digital File Pro to DataAssist Insert and Update Pages) please.. its a request.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

any file i created for you would not work on your system since I would be using a different database.

the basic prciples of adding Digital File pro to the Insert and update pages are:

Insert:
1) Add the File Filed

2) add the File manipulation -> Upload file server behavior.

3) After the Upload file server behavior has been added to the page, Edit the Insert Record Behavior.

Select the column you will store the file in, click the lightning bolt next to value and select the Uplaoded File (Name of File Field) -> Server File Name variable from the dynamic databindings

Update:
1) Add the File Filed

3) Add a hidden form element. In the property inspector for the hidden form elementm click the lightning bolt next to initial value, and selcet the image column from the recordset.

4) add the File manipulation -> Upload file server behavior.

5) Click the lightning bolt next to the default file option in the upload file behavior and select the hidden form element.

6) After the Upload file server behavior has been added to the page, Edit the Update Record Behavior.

Select the column you will store the file in, click the lightning bolt next to value and select the Uplaoded File (Name of File Field) -> Server File Name variable from the dynamic data bindings

Kumel

I never get da result in update page... please cud u make a video on it.. please.. :(

Kumel

I m totally getting confused like hel...
c thr r supposed to be two pages right?
1- insert.php
2-update.php

In insert.php i got da 1st 2 points u said.. I didnt understand 3rd point.. ie . 3) After the Upload file server behavior has been added to the page, Edit the Insert Record Behavior??????????????????????????? hws dat? how to edit insert record whn thr is no record done.. if new den
ru talking abt dataassist insert record or dreamweaver's ..?
If dreamweaver's den thr s nthn like click the lightning bolt..
n in dataassist insert record den thr following things.
1-session variable
a-key column and store as

den in next page thr s insert values:
column type value

data type : text etc etc
value: ____________ (den lightning bolt)

den FNSH dats it..

So dats it in insert.php? please make a video on this n tel :(

Nw talking abt update.php:
1) Add the File Filed
answer- k fine..

3) Add a hidden form element. In the property inspector for the hidden form elementm click the lightning bolt next to initial value, and selcet the image column from the recordset.
ans-Which recordset r u talking abt? dataassist or i shud make a new recordset?...

Answer- how to add file anything in file field in UE4? whn i click next i get error like PLEASE SPECIFY A FIELD TO USE AS A SOURCE OF YOUR UPLOAD.. So cant proceed after dat..

5) Click the lightning bolt next to the default file option in the upload file behavior and select the hidden form element. ANSWER- NOT POSSIBLE

6) After the Upload file server behavior has been added to the page, Edit the Update Record Behavior. ANSWER - NOT POSSIBLE n AGAIN HOW TO DO EDIT RECORD BEHAVIOR DEN NO RECORD BEEN ADDED N WIC RECORD IS THIS...? DATAASSIST'S OR DREAMWEAVER'S? ..

There are many more problem.. So i request you to please make a video on this please... n share it to me or all so dat they get more knowledge only by looking at it..

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

ru talking abt dataassist insert record or dreamweaver's ..?  

Really?

the title of the tutorial is "How to apply Digital File Pro to DataAssist Insert and Update pages"

Yes, this applies to using the DataAssist Insert record and Update Record behaviors, _not_ using the Dreamweaver behaviors.

before you start the tutorial, you should have run the data assist wizard to have the update and insert pages created.

data type : text etc etc
value: ____________ (den lightning bolt)

den FNSH dats it..

So dats it in insert.php?  

yes, that is the lightning bolt you need to click to bind the image column to the server file name variable.

ans-Which recordset r u talking abt? dataassist or i shud make a new recordset?...  

the update page will already have a recordset in place to return the data for the record that is being edited, this is the recordset you should use.

Answer- how to add file anything in file field in UE4? whn i click next i get error like PLEASE SPECIFY A FIELD TO USE AS A SOURCE OF YOUR UPLOAD.. So cant proceed after dat..  

in the upload file behavior, there is a dropdown list next to the File Field option, you need to select the file field to use from this dropdown list before clicking next.

5) Click the lightning bolt next to the default file option in the upload file behavior and select the hidden form element. ANSWER- NOT POSSIBLE  

only because you are not selecting the file field to use before clicking next.

6) After the Upload file server behavior has been added to the page, Edit the Update Record Behavior. ANSWER - NOT POSSIBLE n AGAIN HOW TO DO EDIT RECORD BEHAVIOR DEN NO RECORD BEEN ADDED N WIC RECORD IS THIS...? DATAASSIST'S OR DREAMWEAVER'S? ..  

it will possible if you have run the data assist wizard to create the update and insert pages before starting the tutorial, again, since this tutorial deals with DataAssist insert and update, it is intended to be used with the DataAssist insert record and Update record behaviors, _not_ with the Dreamweaver insert record and update record behaviors

Kumel

oh.. omg i c it nw.. THNKS A LOT JASON.. Srsly.. thnks a lot ..
K so is it possible to create new insert.php page with file field n submit button.. n nhnt else..
n in another new page i.e update.php i want only dat uploaded img to be displayed.. so hw do v do dat..?

Kumel

Jason help me out soon..
I have made a website.. all my designs r ready.....
I have inserted security assist in my website..
N user's need to sign in to use it...
So thr is gonna be page called insert.php page n it dat page they insert a file (image) n watvr imgs r displayed i want it to be displayed in another page ( images.php ) ..
So what i mean is wtever file they upload i want it be displayed in thr user's image page in a <div>..

N i want to be able to view that image from email or from a folder with user's id so dat i can cum to know who sent's me...
So dats da 1st part..

2nd is dat after they send the image or upload the img , i will be sending another image to them after sometime and so i want dat image which i wanna give them to be displayed in another <div> in same page (images.php) cal dat img as img1.. So that is how.. n in dat same <div> i want them to be able to download another image cal it img2. So nw i want da user's to be able to download img1 anytime they need... but img2 can be downloaded by payment..

So if a user has sent a img 1st time.. da 1st img viewed to be must be names as IMGUPLOADED1 n 2nd as IMGUPLOADED2.. n so on n on.. nd i must be able to understnd wic user sent too... please help me in dat... n i hope u understood my plan..

So PLEASE HELP ME ASAP..

Kumel

Btw images uploaded by user can be viewed only by dat user...
Ex- If user id- 123, den imgs uploaded from dat user wil be seen in onli his images.php page...
whn a useruploads img he can c only imgs uploaded by him.. whn he goes to image.php he can view only his uploaded imgs..

Btw in my website thr following pages.. all php..
index
upload.php (from here they upload thr imgs)
image.php ( uploaded imgs uploaded by him n sent by us r displayed here ..)
all ecart php pages..
den other all normal pages abt company n etc..

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...