close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Target option still missing from latest version

Thread began 7/05/2011 9:37 am by ShorePatrol | Last modified 7/06/2011 10:16 pm by MikeyT | 1132 views | 2 replies |

ShorePatrol

Target option still missing from latest version

James -

Will this extension ever support the TARGET attribute?

From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like it's even being considered.

Please advise.

Thanks

PS - Yes, I know you can manually code the target attribute in, but you will lose all the manual changes once you update the menu through the WebAssist interface.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

James -  

ummm, my name is Jason, not James.

My brother is named James, but i dont think he will be much help to you ;)

Will this extension ever support the TARGET attribute?

From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like it's even being considered.

Please advise.

Thanks

PS - Yes, I know you can manually code the target attribute in, but you will lose all the manual changes once you update the menu through the WebAssist interface.  

there are no immediate plans to include this in Menu Writer. if it is to be included, I would not expect to see it till Version 3.

a feature request was put through a while back, I will put through another one now.

you can also post your request to the wishlist forum.

MikeyT

This doesn't apply to the target attribute, but here's a workaround to combat losing any custom css styling after reentering the wizard - if anyone is interested.

I've been designating custom styles (like CSS3 styles or <li> class styles) to a separate stylesheet, placed below the menu.css that MenuWriter generates. You can re-enter the wizard to make edits, and unless you make major menu structure changes, the custom style sheet should still target your menu's tags. If anything goes wonky its usually not hard to pinpoint the problem selector and fix accordingly.

Sort of adapted this method from Dan Cederholm's book, &#8216;Handcrafted CSS&#8217; in which he adds an enrichment css file to the bottom of the style sheet stack to utilize the cascade effect and server up CSS3 styles to modern browsers. The beauty is in the fact that the MW wizard won't touch this file and alter it on you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...